Bollywood actress-singer Priyanka Chopra, who was busy shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ in Europe, is back to Mumbai for the first death anniversary of her father Ashok Chopra. A street in Mumbai, close to the actress’ residence, will be named after him.
Her father, a doctor who retired from the Indian Army in 1997 as a lieutenant colonel, died on June 10, 2013, due to cancer.
Now, a year later, a street in Yari Road is to be named after him. His “little girl” Priyanka is at peace being at home. “The home is where the heart is. Good to be in Mumbai. Tizzying hyper emotions…extremes in every way…yet a stillness that’s hard to explain,” Priyanka Chopra posted on Twitter.
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
The street naming ceremony is likely to be attended by close family and friends as well as members of the NGOs that Ashok Chopra was associated with.