They have given several hit films together, and now director Priyadarshan and actor Akshay Kumar are all set to team up for a new project produced by filmmaker Rohit Shetty.
The yet-to-be titled film will be a comedy and reunite the popular actor-director ‘jodi’ six years after their 2010 movie “Khatta Meetha”.
“I am currently working on a film with Akshay Kumar which will be produced by Rohit Shetty. We have just finished the script. We will start the film by the end of July this year,” Priyadarshan told PTI.
The director has worked with the “Baby” star in various successful films, including the 1999-cult comedy “Hera Pheri”, “Garam Masala”, “Bhagam Bhaag”, “Bhool Bhulaiyaa” and “De Dana Dan”.
Priyadarshan, whose last Hindi film was “Rangrezz” in 2013, said rest of the cast is yet to be finalised but his film with Akshay will be in the comedy genre.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It will be a comedy film, on the lines of the hilarious comedies we have done together. The details of other cast members are yet to be finalised. We are working on all those things. Currently I am just happy to be doing a film after a gap of two-three years.”
The director is also keen to do a Hindi remake of National Award winning director Vetrimaaran’s Tamil thriller “Visaranai”.
“I have only bought the rights as of now. I saw the film and I completely loved it. I think it is one of the most powerful films I have seen recently. I will begin work on it only after wrapping up my film with Rohit Shetty,” he said.
Based on the novel “Lock Up” by M Chandrakumar, “Visaranai” deals with police brutality, corruption and loss of innocence in the face of injustice.