They have given several hit films together, and now director Priyadarshan and actor Akshay Kumar are all set to team up for a new project produced by filmmaker Rohit Shetty.
The yet-to-be titled film will be a comedy and reunite the popular actor-director ‘jodi’ six years after their 2010 movie “Khatta Meetha”.
“I am currently working on a film with Akshay Kumar which will be produced by Rohit Shetty. We have just finished the script. We will start the film by the end of July this year,” Priyadarshan told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The director has worked with the “Baby” star in various successful films, including the 1999-cult comedy “Hera Pheri”, “Garam Masala”, “Bhagam Bhaag”, “Bhool Bhulaiyaa” and “De Dana Dan”.
Priyadarshan, whose last Hindi film was “Rangrezz” in 2013, said rest of the cast is yet to be finalised but his film with Akshay will be in the comedy genre.
“It will be a comedy film, on the lines of the hilarious comedies we have done together. The details of other cast members are yet to be finalised. We are working on all those things. Currently I am just happy to be doing a film after a gap of two-three years.”
The director is also keen to do a Hindi remake of National Award winning director Vetrimaaran’s Tamil thriller “Visaranai”.
“I have only bought the rights as of now. I saw the film and I completely loved it. I think it is one of the most powerful films I have seen recently. I will begin work on it only after wrapping up my film with Rohit Shetty,” he said.
Based on the novel “Lock Up” by M Chandrakumar, “Visaranai” deals with police brutality, corruption and loss of innocence in the face of injustice.