Industrialist Ness Wadia wrote to the Marine Drive police station on Wednesday, naming nine individuals who are said to have witnessed the alleged incidents of molestation and verbal abuse involving actor Preity Zinta at Wankhede stadium on May 30.
A senior police officer said that a single page letter signed by Wadia and addressed to the investigating officer at Marine Drive police station was delivered by a Wadia Group representative on Wednesday afternoon.
It states, “We are hereby providing a list of persons who were present at the Kings Eleven vs Chennai Super kings match at Wankhede stadium on 30th May, 2014. We believe these persons who were present would be able to provide independent and truthful facts about the events that took place at the stadium on that evening, with regard to the false complaint filed by Preity Zinta against me.”
The officer said that the police would communicate to the individuals named and ask them to record statements. Ravindra Shisve, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Zone I, confirmed that the letter had been received. “We will examine its relevance in our investigation,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016