The Marine Drive police are contemplating adding charges of stalking against Kings XI Punjab co-owner Ness Wadia and are seeking legal opinion on Preity Zinta’s allegation that Ness Wadia was warned by her to behave and stop following her through a series of e-mails, sources said.
The investigating team will seek copies of alleged emails that Preity Zinta claimed she sent Ness Wadia over a period of time, asking him to stop following her. “We will study the contents of the emails and see if it fits into section 354 (d) of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013,” said a senior official.
The police have also got in touch with Indian Premier League (IPL) CEO Sunder Raman, who has verbally confirmed her allegations, sources said. Raman, though, has said he was not present at Garware Pavillion stands at the time of the alleged incident and had not seen anything, but was aware of the details as Preity Zinta had “verbally informed” him the same evening.
Police have pressed charges under sections 509 and 354 (outraging a woman’s modesty), 504 (breach of peace), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC against Ness Wadia based on Preity Zinta’s complaint alleging that her industrialist ex-boyfriend harassed her in public view at Garware Pavillion on May 30.
“We have asked Preity Zinta to provide us with copies of the series of e-mails exchanged between the two. She has said these emails were sent before the incident where she had specifically asked him to stay away from her,” said an officer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Preity Zinta, meanwhile, has been asked to cut short her US trip and make herself present for a spot panchnama at Garware Pavilion, officials said, adding that she is expected to be taken to the crime scene as soon as she arrives.
According to officials, Raman has also been called to Marine Drive police station on Thursday to record his statement. “When he was informed by her, Sundar Raman had told Preity Zinta to stay cool. He had asked her to think over it and promised they would deal with it later,” said the officer.
Meanwhile, sections of the CCTV footage have been sent for clarity correction to experts as many faces still remain unclear, officials said.