Two of the witnesses listed by industrialist Ness Wadia whose statements he wants to be recorded in the molestation case filed by Bollywood actress Preity Zinta against him, were not cooperating, while the rest were yet to be identified and contacted, according to police.
“When two of them (witnesses) were contacted, they said they were not the persons listed by Ness Wadia. (But) We do not think that we contacted wrong persons,” said a police officer privy to the investigation.
The list provided by Ness Wadia on July 2 has names of nine witnesses, but their job profiles are not mentioned.
“Just going by names it is not possible to identify them. We are still trying to identify them,” the officer said.
Wadia’s letter to investigating officer at Marine Drive Police station, sent on July 2, names following witnesses: Serieka Lal, Loretta Joseph, Pooja Dadlani, Anneline Adams, Farah Oomerbhoy, Sweetie Burman, Kamlesh Shah, Rayaan Mustapha and Sharat Nath.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Preity Zinta has accused Ness Wadia of molesting, abusing and threatening her during the IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings on May 30 at Wankhede stadium in Mumbai.
Police have so far recorded statements of 12 witnesses named by Zinta, seven of whom have been described as “crucial witnesses” by the investigators.
Among those whose statements have been recorded are IPL Chief Operating Officer Sundar Raman, BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel and COO of Kings XI Punjab Fraser Castellino.
Witnesses Danish Merchant, Jai Kanojia and Parul Khanna have confirmed that Ness Wadia “pulled” Preity Zinta by hand during a “heated” argument, while Castellino said he did not see any fight or argument.