After a purported transcript of the actress Pratyusha Banerjee’s ‘last’ telephonic conversation with her boyfriend came out, the lawyer of her parents said they would seek re-investigation as police had overlooked several aspects of the case related to her alleged suicide.
Police have registered a case of abatement of suicide against Rahul Raj Singh, her boyfriend, who has secured pre-arrest bail. Transcription of Pratyusha’s purported conversation with him before the suicide was reported by a section of a media.
Advocate Neeraj Gupta, representing her parents, told PTI that police seemed to have overlooked many aspects and they wanted the case to be re-investigated.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Police didn’t investigate the case properly. They ignored many important aspects. As of now, we don’t have entire charge sheet. Once we get it, we will study the documents and file a fresh application on Monday,” Gupta said.
When asked about specific aspects which the police has missed its probe, he said “Name of a third person has come up in the telephonic conversation where Pratyusha is saying he was giving her life threats. Who is this person and why is he giving threats to Pratyusha, why police ignored this fact?”
The police also didn’t look properly into Pratyusha’s blood and viscera reports, he said. Pratyusha, who shot to fame with her role of ‘Anandi’ in the TV serial ‘Balika Vadhu’, was found dead at her house on April 1 in what appeared to be a suicide.