Celebrated writer-lyricist Prasoon Joshi, who penned a special poem for the launch of Dilip Kumar’s autobiography, says it was his way of paying tribute to the living legend.
The autobiography, “The Substance and The Shadow” compiled by Udaya Tara Nayar, was launched at a glittering ceremony here Monday evening. (See Pics: Stars at Dilip Kumar’s autobiography launch)
At the event, actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan recited the poem as Prasoon Joshi was unable to be present because he’s in Cannes for a prior work commitment.
Through the poem, Joshi portrayed Dilip Kumar as a masterpiece fit for his persona. Prior to penning it, the writer spent quality time having long discussions with Dilip Kumar’s wife Saira Banu and author Udaya Tara Nayar to capture the right essence of the actor’s personality.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In a statement, Joshi said: “It’s a tribute to the legend in my words. For me, writing this is an honour because on one hand there is greatness of Dilip sahab, and on another, it was recited by an unmatchable craftsman of our times, Aamir Khan on whose request I wrote the poem.”
It is an experience that the acclaimed writer will always cherish.
Dilip Kumar’s autobiography chronicles the life of the actor, who was born in Peshawar as Yusuf Khan. In the book, he has spoken candidly about his journey, his acting career in Bombay (now Mumbai), and his struggle and success in Hindi cinema.
The momentous night of the book launch saw several faces from the Bollywood fraternity gracing the event. While Karan Johar hosted the mega book launch, veteran actress Vyjayanthimala along with Madhuri Dixit and Priyanka Chopra lit the inaugural lamp.
This was followed by Bollywood veterans Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan unveiling the autobiography.
While the Big B went on to read a passage from the autobiography, Aamir recited the words penned down by Joshi.