Celebrated writer-lyricist Prasoon Joshi, who penned a special poem for the launch of Dilip Kumar’s autobiography, says it was his way of paying tribute to the living legend.
The autobiography, “The Substance and The Shadow” compiled by Udaya Tara Nayar, was launched at a glittering ceremony here Monday evening. (See Pics: Stars at Dilip Kumar’s autobiography launch)
At the event, actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan recited the poem as Prasoon Joshi was unable to be present because he’s in Cannes for a prior work commitment.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Through the poem, Joshi portrayed Dilip Kumar as a masterpiece fit for his persona. Prior to penning it, the writer spent quality time having long discussions with Dilip Kumar’s wife Saira Banu and author Udaya Tara Nayar to capture the right essence of the actor’s personality.
In a statement, Joshi said: “It’s a tribute to the legend in my words. For me, writing this is an honour because on one hand there is greatness of Dilip sahab, and on another, it was recited by an unmatchable craftsman of our times, Aamir Khan on whose request I wrote the poem.”
It is an experience that the acclaimed writer will always cherish.
Dilip Kumar’s autobiography chronicles the life of the actor, who was born in Peshawar as Yusuf Khan. In the book, he has spoken candidly about his journey, his acting career in Bombay (now Mumbai), and his struggle and success in Hindi cinema.
The momentous night of the book launch saw several faces from the Bollywood fraternity gracing the event. While Karan Johar hosted the mega book launch, veteran actress Vyjayanthimala along with Madhuri Dixit and Priyanka Chopra lit the inaugural lamp.
This was followed by Bollywood veterans Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan unveiling the autobiography.
While the Big B went on to read a passage from the autobiography, Aamir recited the words penned down by Joshi.