Prachi Desai has rubbished reports that she is miffed with the makers of Rock On 2 as the film is being projected as a love story between the characters of Farhan Akhtar and Shraddha Kapoor. There were reports that the Azhar actor, along with her co-stars Arjun Rampal and Purab Kohli, were upset that the musical-drama was being projected as a love story between Farhan and Shraddha.
When asked about it, Prachi said, “As far as I know, none of the three of us have come up with that, none of us gave quotes on it. It (rumour) is simply funny. It is probably just people working overtime. May be it (love-story angle) is something that the journalists are feeling themselves, they are noticing that which apparently we are not noticing. They actually missed seeing us (on sets). You have to look at it that way and laugh it off,” she said.
The actor made her Bollywood debut eight years ago with Rock On and was absolutely delighted when she got to know that the film will be having a sequel. Prachi, who played the role of Farhan’s wife Sakshi in the first part, came on board instantly for the sequel purely because she had a huge attachment to the project. “I was apprehensive about doing it because I play a very mature part. Honestly speaking, if it wasn’t for my emotional attachment to ‘Rock On’, you would not see me play such a mature role in any other film,” she said.
Also read| ‘You Know What I Mean’ when I say this Rock On 2 song is no earworm, watch video
“It is an emotional decision to be a part of ‘Rock On 2’ because I was part of the first one too. I cannot see any other girl play my role, I can’t see anyone else taking that forward,” Prachi said. The 28-year-old actress feels “Rock On 2” is not like a conventional sequel, and instead carefully follows the journey of all the characters, who have had their transformation over the period of eight years. Her character too, Prachi says, has gotten into a space in the film which made it “unrelatable” to her, yet she put in all her best to pull off the role convincingly.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“I have no idea what a woman feels like in Sakshi’s situation, which she is in the film. It has been the most unrelatable role for me. Whatever intelligent, emotional quotient we have, if in my understanding I can invest all of that and pull it off, then it will be a great thing,” she said. Directed by debutant Shujat Saudagar, “Rock On 2” will arrive in theatres this Friday.