Prabhu Dheva once again faces title trouble. After R…. Rajkumar, where the director had to chop off the word ‘Rambo’ owing to copyright issues, Prabhu Dheva will have to figure out a new title for Ajay Devgn starrer ‘Action Jackson’.
Warner Bros has asked the film’s producers Baba Films and Eros Entertainment for an explanation since the Hollywood production house owns the right of the title ‘Action Jackson’, a 1988 film starring Carl Weathers and Sharon Stone.
Moreover on February 4, Warner Bros sent sent a 48-hour notice asking them to change the title or face legal consequences since the title has already been registered by them.
However, Gordhan Tanwani has maintained that he will not be giving up the title so easily. He also stated that the title was registered in all film producers’ associations including the IMPAA (Indian Motion Picture Producers’ Association), the Guild, AMPTPP (Association of Motion Pictures and Television Programme Producers) within India and the film is purely a Hindi feature movie and not an English one.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He further pointed out that after registering the title, during the one month notice period that is been provided to the producers for confirmation of the title, no one raised an objection and the title was cleared with an NOC. He revealed that he will be sending a letter to the lawyer of Warner Bros stating these facts, keeping Eros in the loop over all the developments.
‘Action Jackson’ also stars Sonakshi Sinha, Yami Gautam in lead roles and is slated to release on June 6, 2014.