Prabhu Dheva once again faces title trouble. After R…. Rajkumar, where the director had to chop off the word ‘Rambo’ owing to copyright issues, Prabhu Dheva will have to figure out a new title for Ajay Devgn starrer ‘Action Jackson’.
Warner Bros has asked the film’s producers Baba Films and Eros Entertainment for an explanation since the Hollywood production house owns the right of the title ‘Action Jackson’, a 1988 film starring Carl Weathers and Sharon Stone.
Moreover on February 4, Warner Bros sent sent a 48-hour notice asking them to change the title or face legal consequences since the title has already been registered by them.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, Gordhan Tanwani has maintained that he will not be giving up the title so easily. He also stated that the title was registered in all film producers’ associations including the IMPAA (Indian Motion Picture Producers’ Association), the Guild, AMPTPP (Association of Motion Pictures and Television Programme Producers) within India and the film is purely a Hindi feature movie and not an English one.
He further pointed out that after registering the title, during the one month notice period that is been provided to the producers for confirmation of the title, no one raised an objection and the title was cleared with an NOC. He revealed that he will be sending a letter to the lawyer of Warner Bros stating these facts, keeping Eros in the loop over all the developments.
‘Action Jackson’ also stars Sonakshi Sinha, Yami Gautam in lead roles and is slated to release on June 6, 2014.