‘Rockstar’ fame actress Nargis Fakhri may be in bed resting it out after sustaining injuries while shooting her ‘devil‘ item song with Salman Khan for Sajid Nadiadwala’s ‘Kick’, but she finds the experience exhilarating.
“It was a devil of a song,” she said punning on the song’s title “Devil“. The song is composed by Yo Yo Honey Singh, his first for Salman and after his ‘Lungi dance’ track for Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Chennai Express’.
“It is a very special song. I do like Yo Yo Honey Singh’s songs. So I was super-excited about that as well. And I am blessed to have danced to it with Salman. Never mind the minor injuries.” Nargis admits it was physically an ordeal to dance to Yo Yo’s energetic beats.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“It was stressful. Before the dancing, I always get so nervous and stressed. I am not very comfortable with the gyrations and thrusts. My entire physical presence becomes tense. I was dancing with Salman with a torn meniscus, a torn ham-string and two inflamed discs. So, there was a lot of pain. But I kept pushing myself because Ahmed Khan’s choreography was so very inspiring. Now I am recuperating in bed.”
She had suffered similar injuries while performing the “Dhating” number with Shahid Kapoor for “Phata Poster Nikla Hero”.
“For that number with Shahid as well as for this number with Salman, I didn’t allow my physique enough time and rehearsals to warm up properly. So it was a bit of deja-vu dancing. But every bit of the pain was worth it because of Salman.”
Thankfully, Ahmed Khan worked the dance movements around Nargis‘s comfort zone.
“Ahmed was fantastic. Only he was aware if my injuries because I shared my pain only with him. He was aware of my comfort level. If a dance step didn’t come easily to me he modified the step accordingly. But on the whole I stuck to the dance movements he created. Every one on the set was patient and supportive. The vibes were fantastic.”