Actress-turned-filmmaker Pooja Bhatt is upset with actor Akshay Kumar for having used the title ‘Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off duty’ for his upcoming movie since she had also made a movie with the same name in 2006.
This is not the first time that Pooja and Akshay have clashed over a film’s title. Earlier too in 2010, Pooja Bhatt had claimed that Anees Bazmee used the title ‘Thank You’ for his Akshay Kumar, Sonam Kapoor, film, despite the fact that she had already registered the title for the remake of her father’s hit film ‘Arth’.
Pooja Bhatt tweeted: “First THANK YOU then HOLIDAY! Akshay Kumar’s producers have an affinity for the titles of my films. Gentle Reminder- ‘Karma can be a bitch’!”
Pooja Bhatt has been enraged ever since the release of Vipul Shah’s ‘Holiday’ film trailer on Wednesday (February 12).
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Pooja Bhatt explained that she categorically refused Vipul Shah from using ‘Holiday’ as his film’s title. “Vipul Shah approached me for HOLIDAY & I refused. He approached Guild-Rejected. Next stop? IMPPA where he registered HOLIDAY with a tag line.”
An enraged Pooja Bhatt says, “This is not about UTV or Vipul Shah per se. This is about a larger issue. Why register titles if anyone can hijack them anytime they wish?” I am fighting a lone battle still with regards to THANK YOU. The HOLIDAY issue proves nothing has changed,the rot remains & might is right!”
‘Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off Duty’ is an action thriller film written and directed by A.R. Murugadoss, the man behind superhit ‘Ghajini’ that had Aamir Khan in the lead.
Besides Akshay Kumar, ‘Holiday’ stars Sonakshi Sinha in the lead role. The film also has Govinda in a short yet important role. The film is the remake of Tamil blockbuster ‘Thuppakki’ and is slated to release on June 6 and is likely to clash with Ajay Devgn’s ‘Action Jackson’.\