Actress-turned-filmmaker Pooja Bhatt is upset with actor Akshay Kumar for having used the title ‘Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off duty’ for his upcoming movie since she had also made a movie with the same name in 2006.
This is not the first time that Pooja and Akshay have clashed over a film’s title. Earlier too in 2010, Pooja Bhatt had claimed that Anees Bazmee used the title ‘Thank You’ for his Akshay Kumar, Sonam Kapoor, film, despite the fact that she had already registered the title for the remake of her father’s hit film ‘Arth’.
Pooja Bhatt tweeted: “First THANK YOU then HOLIDAY! Akshay Kumar’s producers have an affinity for the titles of my films. Gentle Reminder- ‘Karma can be a bitch’!”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pooja Bhatt has been enraged ever since the release of Vipul Shah’s ‘Holiday’ film trailer on Wednesday (February 12).
Pooja Bhatt explained that she categorically refused Vipul Shah from using ‘Holiday’ as his film’s title. “Vipul Shah approached me for HOLIDAY & I refused. He approached Guild-Rejected. Next stop? IMPPA where he registered HOLIDAY with a tag line.”
An enraged Pooja Bhatt says, “This is not about UTV or Vipul Shah per se. This is about a larger issue. Why register titles if anyone can hijack them anytime they wish?” I am fighting a lone battle still with regards to THANK YOU. The HOLIDAY issue proves nothing has changed,the rot remains & might is right!”
‘Holiday – A Soldier Is Never Off Duty’ is an action thriller film written and directed by A.R. Murugadoss, the man behind superhit ‘Ghajini’ that had Aamir Khan in the lead.
Besides Akshay Kumar, ‘Holiday’ stars Sonakshi Sinha in the lead role. The film also has Govinda in a short yet important role. The film is the remake of Tamil blockbuster ‘Thuppakki’ and is slated to release on June 6 and is likely to clash with Ajay Devgn’s ‘Action Jackson’.\