A complaint has been filed with the police in Varanasi against popular film star Sunny Deol and director Chandra Prakash Dwivedi over some abuses in their forthcoming film “Mohalla Assi”.
Complainant Sarvajan Jagruti Sanstha has alleged that not only does it violate moral ethics, but it also shows Varanasi in poor light.
The social organization filed the complaint at Bhelupur police station on Sunday.
- Sunny Deol has plans to screen ‘Mohalla Assi’
- Bihar court orders FIR against Sunny Deol, others in ‘Mohalla Assi’
- Delhi court halts release of Sunny Deol’s ‘Mohalla Assi’, says may ‘hurt religious sentiments of the people’
- Mohalla Assi hurts religious sentiments, degrades women, say BJP men, file complaint
- Watch trailer: Sunny Deol, Sakshi Tanwar’s ‘Mohalla Assi’ is laced with cuss words
- Sunny Deol’s ‘Mohalla Assi’ to release late 2015
“The film hurts religious sentiments and we cannot allow such a film to be released,” a complainant told IANS.
The film is based on a novel – “Kashi Ka Assi” – written by acclaimed Hindi writer Kashinath Singh.
The film also stars Ravi Kishen and Sakshi Tanwar.
Sunny Deol plays the lead role of a Sanskrit teacher and an orthodox religious priest (Pundit) while Sakshi Tanwar plays his wife.