Having experienced Neerja Bhanot’s mother’s “spiritedness and warmth” in person, actress Shabana Azmi says she felt a huge responsibility to play her on screen in the upcoming biopic “Neerja”.
The movie revolves around Neerja, a flight attendant on board a Pan Am Mumbai-New York flight, who was shot dead by terrorists during the hijacking while trying to save the lives of passengers.
Actress Sonam Kapoor will be seen playing the titular character.
Speaking about her meeting with Neerja’s mother Rama Bhanot, Shabana told reporters here, “I had a good fortune of meeting Rama ji… I met the family and I was struck by Rama ji and there was a connection I felt with her. We spoke for almost half an hour and it felt we have known each other forever.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“… I was struck by her spiritedness, by her engagement with life and everything around her, the warmth and the compassion that greets you with so when I got the part I felt the responsibility on me was that much greater and I needed to bring about that spiritedness,” the 65-year-old actress added.
Directed by Ram Madhavani, “Neerja” will hit theatres this Friday, February 19.