Having experienced Neerja Bhanot’s mother’s “spiritedness and warmth” in person, actress Shabana Azmi says she felt a huge responsibility to play her on screen in the upcoming biopic “Neerja”.
The movie revolves around Neerja, a flight attendant on board a Pan Am Mumbai-New York flight, who was shot dead by terrorists during the hijacking while trying to save the lives of passengers.
Actress Sonam Kapoor will be seen playing the titular character.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Speaking about her meeting with Neerja’s mother Rama Bhanot, Shabana told reporters here, “I had a good fortune of meeting Rama ji… I met the family and I was struck by Rama ji and there was a connection I felt with her. We spoke for almost half an hour and it felt we have known each other forever.
“… I was struck by her spiritedness, by her engagement with life and everything around her, the warmth and the compassion that greets you with so when I got the part I felt the responsibility on me was that much greater and I needed to bring about that spiritedness,” the 65-year-old actress added.
Directed by Ram Madhavani, “Neerja” will hit theatres this Friday, February 19.