Actor Nirbhay Wadhwa, best known for portraying Dushasana in mythological TV drama series ‘Mahabharat’, will be seen playing a Salman Khan fan in his debut Bollywood film ‘Main Aur Mr Riight’.
The movie will also mark the big screen debut of TV actor Barun Sobti of ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon’ fame, who plays the main lead. VJ-turned-actress Shenaz Treasurywala stars in the film as Sobti’s love interest. Nirbhay will be seen playing the role of a struggling actor.
“I play Rajiv in the film, who has come to Mumbai to be a hero. There is a film that is being made in the movie. I have come to give an audition for the film. My character is a hard core Salman Khan fan. He does not listen to anyone, does his own thing. He is a nobody but he still looks down upon others,” Nirbhay said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I have scenes with Makarand Deshpande and Shenaz,” said the actor, who has been part of shows like ‘Crime Patrol’ and CID’.
Nirbhay is awaiting the release of the film, which is currently in post-production.
When asked about the difference between working in films and television, the actor says, “‘Mahabharat’ is a huge show. The film that I have done is not a big budget film. So, that is the main difference. I could not understand or learn much while shooting my film as it was a short span of six days.
“I have been on the TV show for many months now and have evolved as an actor,” he said.
‘Mahabharat’ has been airing on Star Plus since September last year. The show, which comes almost 20 years after BR Chopra’s super hit series based on the Hindu epic, has been able to strike the right chord with the audience.
Nirbhay, who has bulked up for his role in ‘Mahabharat’, feels it was mandatory for him to build his body in order to make his character believable.
“I build my body to make my character more believable. If the audience sees that I am lean but still I am fighting with people double my size and landing blows on them, they will not accept it. It has become a requirement to have a good body,” said Nirbhay, who idolises bodybuilders like Ronnie Coleman, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Markus Ruhl.
The actor says he prepared for the role of Dushasana after reading about him and also watching Vinod Kapoor, who portrayed Duryodhana’s younger brother in BR Chopra’s version.