Actor Nirbhay Wadhwa, best known for portraying Dushasana in mythological TV drama series ‘Mahabharat’, will be seen playing a Salman Khan fan in his debut Bollywood film ‘Main Aur Mr Riight’.
The movie will also mark the big screen debut of TV actor Barun Sobti of ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon’ fame, who plays the main lead. VJ-turned-actress Shenaz Treasurywala stars in the film as Sobti’s love interest. Nirbhay will be seen playing the role of a struggling actor.
“I play Rajiv in the film, who has come to Mumbai to be a hero. There is a film that is being made in the movie. I have come to give an audition for the film. My character is a hard core Salman Khan fan. He does not listen to anyone, does his own thing. He is a nobody but he still looks down upon others,” Nirbhay said.
“I have scenes with Makarand Deshpande and Shenaz,” said the actor, who has been part of shows like ‘Crime Patrol’ and CID’.
Nirbhay is awaiting the release of the film, which is currently in post-production.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When asked about the difference between working in films and television, the actor says, “‘Mahabharat’ is a huge show. The film that I have done is not a big budget film. So, that is the main difference. I could not understand or learn much while shooting my film as it was a short span of six days.
“I have been on the TV show for many months now and have evolved as an actor,” he said.
‘Mahabharat’ has been airing on Star Plus since September last year. The show, which comes almost 20 years after BR Chopra’s super hit series based on the Hindu epic, has been able to strike the right chord with the audience.
Nirbhay, who has bulked up for his role in ‘Mahabharat’, feels it was mandatory for him to build his body in order to make his character believable.
“I build my body to make my character more believable. If the audience sees that I am lean but still I am fighting with people double my size and landing blows on them, they will not accept it. It has become a requirement to have a good body,” said Nirbhay, who idolises bodybuilders like Ronnie Coleman, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Markus Ruhl.
The actor says he prepared for the role of Dushasana after reading about him and also watching Vinod Kapoor, who portrayed Duryodhana’s younger brother in BR Chopra’s version.