Actress Taapsee Pannu’s latest release Pink has been widely appreciated and accepted nationwide. Following the film’s success, she along with director Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury have arranged for English subtitles to be added to the film in the south.
See what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We were getting a lot of requests from southern states that they want to see the film and understand it. Since language should never be a barrier for good cinema, we thought of changing all the existing prints to subtitled versions,” Taapsee said in a statement.
Pink, co-produced by Shoojit Sircar, is a message-based drama on sexual crimes against women. Released on September 16, the film even features Amitabh Bachchan, Kirti Kulhari, Andrea Tariang, Angad Bedi, Piyush Mishra and Dhritiman Chatterjee.
Taapsee Pannu garnered a lot of praise for her performance in Pink and now with the rumours doing rounds about it being remade in Telugu, the actor says she will love to be a part of it. Taapsee said, “I don’t know about that till now, but if they do approach me, I would love to do.”
Talking about how she feels about Pink success, the actress said all the appreciation has made her more cautious about the choice of roles she makes, as she doesn’t want to disappoint her fans.
“The response I got for those 20 minutes in ‘Baby’ was very good because of which I got a lot of other films in which you’ll be seeing me next year. Now, it has got escalated to certain other level after ‘Pink, which makes me a little scared, now what do I choose to live up to those expectations,” the 29-year-old said.