After ‘Shamitabh‘, which hit cinema screens today, Amitabh Bachchan will start promoting his other two releases – ‘Piku’ and ‘Wazir’. Bachchan, 72, has been getting rave reviews for his performance in the R-Balki-directed film as a washed out man who ends up lending his voice to a deaf and mute actor, played by Dhanush.
In ‘Piku’, directed by Shoojit Sircar, the actor would be seen playing a middle class Bengali father with a paunch. He reunited with the director after their unreleased film ‘Johnny Walker’. “‘Piku’ is a slice-of-life family drama. It is a middle class father’s role. Deepika (Padukone) is playing my daughter and Irrfan is also there in the film. It is a Bengali home. I feel a lot of Bengalis would be able to identify with what is being said there,” Bachchan said about his role.
‘Wazir’, starring Farhan Akhtar and Aditi Rao Hydari, is “dramatic, more intense” with Bachchan in the role of a wheel chair-bound chess player. The film has been directed by Bejoy Nambiar with Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rajkumar Hirani as producers. “Promotions are like working in a movie all over again. Then there is television. I will be shooting for ‘KBC’,” he said.
- 102 Not Out’s first look featuring Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor is quirky at its best
- Amitabh Bachchan’s job application to work with Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif is hilarious
- 102 Not Out teaser: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor present a unique father-son story
- Fridays still affect Amitabh Bachchan
- Deepika Padukone to work with Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan in Shoojit Sircar’s Piku’
- Amitabh Bachchan to start shooting for Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Piku’ in August
The actor made his fiction debut on television last year with ‘Yudh’. Though the finite series did not do well, Bachchan is open to working in the medium again. “‘Yudh’ did not do well. The whole idea with Anurag (Kashyap) was to do something different from ‘saas-bahu’ serials. We attempted something new and we will try again. I feel eventually it is where everything will go,” he said.