Actor Pawan Malhotra, who was seen as an investigating officer in “Bang Bang!”, will be seen in that role once again in Abhishek Jawkar’s “Weekend”. But there will be a twist to his character.
“Bang Bang!” was a film where his character turns out to be negative in the end, but in ‘Weekend’, his role is very strong with many twists and turns.
Jawkar felt no one could have done this role better than Pawan.
“People have seen Pawan Malhotra right from his ‘Nukkad’ days till ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’. He is fabulous and an actor of a different zone. People still remember him as the Tiger Memon of ‘Black Friday’ or the coach of ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.
- EXCLUSIVE | Director Neeraj Pandey: The common man is going to be a little more explosive in Aiyaary
- Rahul Ravindran comes on board for U-turn remakes with Samantha
- Agnyaathavaasi trailer: Pawan Kalyan proves why he is a star of Tollywood, brings back Attarintiki Daaredi memories on-screen
- Hariharan’s younger son Karan makes acting debut with a murder mystery
- Silver Lining: A glimpse into six of actor Pavan Malhotra’s best films
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag actor Pawan Malhotra to make debut in Punjabi cinema
“Similarly in my film, he has the most important role, but people will know him as an actor Pawan Malhotra and not by his character,” Jawkar told IANS.
The director had been keen to work with Pawan for a long time.
“Right from his ‘Black Friday’ to ‘Bang Bang!’, I admire them all. In my film, he plays the investigating CID officer who is very witty and sharp” he added.
“Weekend” traces the journey of seven friends who work in a Delhi-based advertising agency, and set out for Goa for a long weekend. After the fun an frolic, tables turn and soon their journey involves solving a murder case.
Debutant Karan Hariharan, son of singer Hariharan, had a challenging time matching up to the calibre of Pawan.
“Karan has the maximum number of scenes with Pawan Malhotra…it is obviously difficult for him. In fact, the first scene of his career was with Pawan… a very challenging scene in the police station. But he did it fantastically,” said the director.
The film also stars Sandeepa Dhar opposite Karan, and Esha Desai, the sister of actress Prachi Desai.
Jointly produced by the Red Bulb Studios and Adept Films, “Weekend” will hit the screens in early 2016.