Parineeti Chopra, who has been dubbed as the Ranbir Kapoor of the younger lot of actresses, has hit a bullseye with her latest release Hasee Toh Phasee. The movie, which released this Friday, has earned Rs 18.5 crore in India in its opening weekend.
Though the movie received mixed reviews from critics, Parineeti was lauded by all and Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta said the new Chopra girl is ‘the most talented female lead working in Bollywood right now.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tweeting the figures on Monday, senior film critic Taran Adarsh said the movie which collected Rs 4 crore on opening day saw a jump in the collections on Saturday and Sunday.
“”#HaseeTohPhasee Fri 4.90 cr, Sat 6.30 cr, Sun 7.30 cr. Total: Rs 18.5 cr nett. India biz only,” he tweeted.
It was Sidharth Malhotra of ‘Student Of The Year’ actor’s second film and the actor has also been appreciated for his performance.
Filmmaker Karan Johar also thanked his fans for watching ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’. The 41-year-old director, who has produced the rom-com starring Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra, said he is extremely proud of the movie.
The Vinil Mathew directed film was released on February 7. (With PTI inputs)