Parineeti Chopra, who has been dubbed as the Ranbir Kapoor of the younger lot of actresses, has hit a bullseye with her latest release Hasee Toh Phasee. The movie, which released this Friday, has earned Rs 18.5 crore in India in its opening weekend.
Though the movie received mixed reviews from critics, Parineeti was lauded by all and Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta said the new Chopra girl is ‘the most talented female lead working in Bollywood right now.”
Tweeting the figures on Monday, senior film critic Taran Adarsh said the movie which collected Rs 4 crore on opening day saw a jump in the collections on Saturday and Sunday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“”#HaseeTohPhasee Fri 4.90 cr, Sat 6.30 cr, Sun 7.30 cr. Total: Rs 18.5 cr nett. India biz only,” he tweeted.
It was Sidharth Malhotra of ‘Student Of The Year’ actor’s second film and the actor has also been appreciated for his performance.
Filmmaker Karan Johar also thanked his fans for watching ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’. The 41-year-old director, who has produced the rom-com starring Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra, said he is extremely proud of the movie.
The Vinil Mathew directed film was released on February 7. (With PTI inputs)