Just like last year, the Chopra cousins Parineeti and Priyanka are set to clash at the box office this year as well. But the former is unfazed and hopes both the films do well at the box office.
Parineeti’s romantic drama ‘Daawat-E-Ishq’ and ‘Mary Kom’, based on the life of Olympic medallist Mary Kom, featuring Priyanka in the title role, are set to hit the theatres Sep 5.
“Last year also we said that it’s a Chopra weekend and co-incidentally, this year also our films are releasing on the same day and we both laughed over it,” Parineeti told reporters here Tuesday at the Vogue Beauty Awards red carpet.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“But I hope both the films are successful, both the films do well,” she added.
In 2013, Parineeti starrer ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ and Priyanka starrer ‘Zanjeer’ came out on the same day and none could rock the box office.
Meanwhile Parineeti is happy that today’s audiences are not biased toward big names. “Today audiences not only watch big stars’ films, but also ours. So the credit for a film’s success goes to them. They now have the appetite for newer people, newer faces and they are watching all kinds of films,” said the four-film-old actress.
“Scenario has changed today. Stars are also doing well and newer people are also doing well,” added the 25-year-old.
Parineeti made her acting debut in 2011 with ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ and she is now looking forward to the release of ‘Daawat-E-Ishq’, in which the spontaneous and natural actress will be seen romancing Aditya Roy Kapur.