Just like last year, the Chopra cousins Parineeti and Priyanka are set to clash at the box office this year as well. But the former is unfazed and hopes both the films do well at the box office.
Parineeti’s romantic drama ‘Daawat-E-Ishq’ and ‘Mary Kom’, based on the life of Olympic medallist Mary Kom, featuring Priyanka in the title role, are set to hit the theatres Sep 5.
“Last year also we said that it’s a Chopra weekend and co-incidentally, this year also our films are releasing on the same day and we both laughed over it,” Parineeti told reporters here Tuesday at the Vogue Beauty Awards red carpet.
“But I hope both the films are successful, both the films do well,” she added.
In 2013, Parineeti starrer ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ and Priyanka starrer ‘Zanjeer’ came out on the same day and none could rock the box office.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile Parineeti is happy that today’s audiences are not biased toward big names. “Today audiences not only watch big stars’ films, but also ours. So the credit for a film’s success goes to them. They now have the appetite for newer people, newer faces and they are watching all kinds of films,” said the four-film-old actress.
“Scenario has changed today. Stars are also doing well and newer people are also doing well,” added the 25-year-old.
Parineeti made her acting debut in 2011 with ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ and she is now looking forward to the release of ‘Daawat-E-Ishq’, in which the spontaneous and natural actress will be seen romancing Aditya Roy Kapur.