Parineeti Chopra has managed to make a mark for herself in Bollywood but the actress says she still keeps banking sector as an alternative career option.
The 25-year-old actress, who made debut in Yash Raj’s ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’, said, “I have a back up plan and I think everyone should have one. The day when my films turn out to be flop, I will go back to banking. To run my house, banking is the safe option for me.”
Parineeti was once an aspiring investment banker and has worked as a marketing professional at Yash Raj Films before foraying into films.
Her films ‘Ishaqzaade’, ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ and ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ has won accolades for her acting.
“There are very few people who are lucky and don’t struggle much to get into films. If one has interest (in acting) then one must try, but should also have a back up plan because film industry is very unpredictable,” she said in an interview.
Parineeti, who is currently busy with ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ and ‘Kill Dil’, will mentor aspiring actors for an upcoming reality show, ‘India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj’, with actor Ayushmann Khurrana.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She will be a part of the grooming process where her insights and experience in Bollywood will add value to the learning of the contestants.
The ‘Ishaqzaade’ actress said she had studied banking in India and England, but moved back to India for work due to recession.
“I applied in Yash Raj Films and got job there. I worked for one and half years, and felt like trying acting,” she said.
Parineeti made it clear that she got her debut offer directly from director Manish Sharma and producer Aditya Chopra and that her sister actress Priyanka Chopra had no role in it.
“There is someone as young as Alia (Bhatt), who started her career at the age of 17. Then we have Rekhaji, who is still acting. There are no rules in Bollywood,” she said.
On her role as a mentor for the show, she said, “I cannot teach them, as I am not trained enough. I will share my experiences, which I think will help them.”
Director Manish Sharma and producer Aditya Chopra are her mentors, she said, adding she often consults them regarding her films.
“Manish has been my mentor. He is the one who spotted me and he is the reason I am an actress and then Aditya Chopra. Manish and Adi are two people, who I ask for suggestions and opinions,” she said.