Actress Parineeti Chopra says she may have weighed a few extra pounds in her debut movie but she has become thinner with her rigorous work-out regime.
“When I had entered the industry I was big and used to fit into that size category. Now, I feel I am not, as I have lost much more weight and look better. I don’t want to be in that weight category… I am working very hard to become thin. I feel I am skinny now,” Parineeti told PTI here today.
Not everyone in Bollywood is ready to confirm when it comes to looking thin. Actresses like Sonakshi Sinha, Huma Qureshi and Vidya Balan are comfortable in the way they look.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Parineeti, however, says she always felt uncomfortable with her extra pounds.
“Those actresses are comfortable in what they look like. I used to feel uncomfortable. I am in a visual medium and should be able to compete with every good-looking actress.”
“The body type affects what I wear and I can’t get best dresses for myself. I can’t wear sleeveless, because I would look fat in it. I want to lose even more weight and look better in real life. On screen if I have to wear shorts or bikini for a scene I should have the body for that,” she said.
“I am 25-year-old and there is no reason for me to look fat. I want to look great. I am taking care of myself and I am losing even more weight because I want to look better,” she said.
However, that does not mean she is looking to get to size zero. “I think size zero is extreme. Even if I starve and stop eating I don’t think I would ever reach size zero in life,” she adds.
Though there are reports that Parineeti is going to wear a bikini for her upcoming film ‘Kill Dill’, the actress rubbishes them saying, “I don’t have a bikini appearance at all. That is just a rumour. That film does not require a bikini scene at all. The film is based in Delhi and in Delhi I can’t imagine wearing bikini on roads.”
But if she ever has to wear a bikini on screen she isn’t against it, provided she gets in better shape.
“I don’t think I have the body for it yet. One day when I have (body) I will wear a bikini. I just want to wear better clothes. Six months ago I couldn’t wear sleeveless, as I was fat. I wanted to get rid of that,” she said.
Parineeti is all charged up for her next release ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ opposite Siddharth Malhotra. The romantic- comedy produced by Karan Johar and Anurag Kashyap is set to release on February 7.