Actress Parineeti Chopra says she may have weighed a few extra pounds in her debut movie but she has become thinner with her rigorous work-out regime.
“When I had entered the industry I was big and used to fit into that size category. Now, I feel I am not, as I have lost much more weight and look better. I don’t want to be in that weight category… I am working very hard to become thin. I feel I am skinny now,” Parineeti told PTI here today.
Not everyone in Bollywood is ready to confirm when it comes to looking thin. Actresses like Sonakshi Sinha, Huma Qureshi and Vidya Balan are comfortable in the way they look.
Parineeti, however, says she always felt uncomfortable with her extra pounds.
“Those actresses are comfortable in what they look like. I used to feel uncomfortable. I am in a visual medium and should be able to compete with every good-looking actress.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The body type affects what I wear and I can’t get best dresses for myself. I can’t wear sleeveless, because I would look fat in it. I want to lose even more weight and look better in real life. On screen if I have to wear shorts or bikini for a scene I should have the body for that,” she said.
“I am 25-year-old and there is no reason for me to look fat. I want to look great. I am taking care of myself and I am losing even more weight because I want to look better,” she said.
However, that does not mean she is looking to get to size zero. “I think size zero is extreme. Even if I starve and stop eating I don’t think I would ever reach size zero in life,” she adds.
Though there are reports that Parineeti is going to wear a bikini for her upcoming film ‘Kill Dill’, the actress rubbishes them saying, “I don’t have a bikini appearance at all. That is just a rumour. That film does not require a bikini scene at all. The film is based in Delhi and in Delhi I can’t imagine wearing bikini on roads.”
But if she ever has to wear a bikini on screen she isn’t against it, provided she gets in better shape.
“I don’t think I have the body for it yet. One day when I have (body) I will wear a bikini. I just want to wear better clothes. Six months ago I couldn’t wear sleeveless, as I was fat. I wanted to get rid of that,” she said.
Parineeti is all charged up for her next release ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ opposite Siddharth Malhotra. The romantic- comedy produced by Karan Johar and Anurag Kashyap is set to release on February 7.