Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra, who will be next seen in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, says she fears losing appreciation of her fans and is constantly worried about audience getting bored of seeing her onscreen.
Before entering filmdom, Parineeti was a public relations consultant at Yash Raj Films. She later bagged a supporting role in Anushka Sharma-Ranveer Singh starrer ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ and got noticed. She then debuted as the female lead in ‘Ishaqzaade’ and followed it up with ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ alongside Sushant Singh Rajput.
Her performance in ‘Ishaqzaade’ won her the National Film Award – Special Mention. She is happy with the fact that every movie that she has done in her three-year-old film career has fetched her good reviews.
“Thankfully, there is no film where I am ignored. I hope that never happens. I hope I never lose the appreciation, the people who like me. I hope people don’t get bored of me. That fear is always there,” Parineeti told PTI here.
“I will act and give my best with all my dedication. I will do everything that is required from me but if people get bored of me, I can’t control their emotions. So that fear is also there,” she said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
With the kind of roles the chirpy actress has done so far, the 25-year-old has managed to carve a niche for herself.
“To make a mark you have to do something different. If would have done usual run-of-the-mill films then I would have been out. The run of the mill roles…glamorous stuff I will also do.. but the script has to be good,” Parineeti said.
Often her acting abilities and her bubbly girl image are compared to Rani Mukerji and Kajol. Parineeti feels overwhelmed with this compliment.
“It is a great thing because they were actresses that directors used to think can pull off any role. They had that confidence in them. I also want directors to think that if any role is given to me I can do it,” she said.
“I want to be the best actress that I can be without becoming an arty one. I want to be a commercial and great actress. Rani, Kajol and Deepika are great actresses including my sister Priyanka Chopra,” she added.
After two back to back solo hit films, Parineeti is now looking to create a hatrick with her soon-to-be-released-film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’.
“My solo films – ‘Ishaqzaade’ and ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ both did well and I want ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ to do well. I did not think of it as a hatrick. I hope it does well and people say good things about my performance,” she adds.
The young actress insists she makes sure that her roles in all films do not overlap over each other.
“In ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ I was a Punjabi, child like brat character. In ‘Ishaqzaade’ I was an aggressive girl with guns and in ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ I was quiet a sensible girl who talks very less. There was nothing common in these films,” Parineeti said.
“Even in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ I am playing a different role, I am playing a scientist.. I am doing weird things. I will continue to do different kind of roles. It is not a typical rom-com film.. it is very different,” she said.
‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ directed by debutant Vinil Mathew also stars Siddharth Malhotra and it releases on February 7.