Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra, who will be next seen in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, says she fears losing appreciation of her fans and is constantly worried about audience getting bored of seeing her onscreen.
Before entering filmdom, Parineeti was a public relations consultant at Yash Raj Films. She later bagged a supporting role in Anushka Sharma-Ranveer Singh starrer ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ and got noticed. She then debuted as the female lead in ‘Ishaqzaade’ and followed it up with ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ alongside Sushant Singh Rajput.
Her performance in ‘Ishaqzaade’ won her the National Film Award – Special Mention. She is happy with the fact that every movie that she has done in her three-year-old film career has fetched her good reviews.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Thankfully, there is no film where I am ignored. I hope that never happens. I hope I never lose the appreciation, the people who like me. I hope people don’t get bored of me. That fear is always there,” Parineeti told PTI here.
“I will act and give my best with all my dedication. I will do everything that is required from me but if people get bored of me, I can’t control their emotions. So that fear is also there,” she said.
With the kind of roles the chirpy actress has done so far, the 25-year-old has managed to carve a niche for herself.
“To make a mark you have to do something different. If would have done usual run-of-the-mill films then I would have been out. The run of the mill roles…glamorous stuff I will also do.. but the script has to be good,” Parineeti said.
Often her acting abilities and her bubbly girl image are compared to Rani Mukerji and Kajol. Parineeti feels overwhelmed with this compliment.
“It is a great thing because they were actresses that directors used to think can pull off any role. They had that confidence in them. I also want directors to think that if any role is given to me I can do it,” she said.
“I want to be the best actress that I can be without becoming an arty one. I want to be a commercial and great actress. Rani, Kajol and Deepika are great actresses including my sister Priyanka Chopra,” she added.
After two back to back solo hit films, Parineeti is now looking to create a hatrick with her soon-to-be-released-film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’.
“My solo films – ‘Ishaqzaade’ and ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ both did well and I want ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ to do well. I did not think of it as a hatrick. I hope it does well and people say good things about my performance,” she adds.
The young actress insists she makes sure that her roles in all films do not overlap over each other.
“In ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ I was a Punjabi, child like brat character. In ‘Ishaqzaade’ I was an aggressive girl with guns and in ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ I was quiet a sensible girl who talks very less. There was nothing common in these films,” Parineeti said.
“Even in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ I am playing a different role, I am playing a scientist.. I am doing weird things. I will continue to do different kind of roles. It is not a typical rom-com film.. it is very different,” she said.
‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ directed by debutant Vinil Mathew also stars Siddharth Malhotra and it releases on February 7.