Parineeti Chopra could be the leading lady of the fourth Golmaal series, with Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt seemingly out of the race. Director Rohit Shetty and his team are looking for the lead actress in the latest Golmaal franchise. Though Rohit has denied that Deepika and Alia will be a part of the comedy franchise, Shraddha Kapoor, who was also in the race for some time, has reportedly excused herself.
According to sources, talks are currently on with Parineeti, but “nothing is finalized yet”. Golmaal (2006) a comedy drama film directed by Rohit Shetty had Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Sharman Joshi, Tusshar Kapoor and Rimi Sen in lead roles.
The film spawned a sequel titled Golmaal Returns (2008) starring Ajay, Tusshar and Arshad reprising their roles, whereas Shreyas Talpade replaced the role originally played by Sharman. The film also had Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora and Celina Jaitley in supporting roles.
The third part Golmaal 3 (2010) again saw Ajay, Arshad, Tusshar, Shreyas and Kareena reprising their roles while the new additions to the cast include actors Mithun Chakraborty and Kunal Khemu.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
All the three previous films were released during Diwali and became successful on box office. Golmaal 4, also slated for Diwali release next year, will clash with megastar Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Aankhen 2 at the box office.