The Habib Faisal-directed film is a love story between a Hyderabadi girl named Gulrez and Tariq, a Lucknawi cook who can charm anyone with his biryani and kebabs.
“I am a foodie of another level. After working with Adi in this film I realised that it is only him who can compete with me when it comes to eating. Both of us love food and we would devour plates in minutes. In this film I got to eat so much and I think this film is tailor made for me,” Parineeti said during the music launch of the movie last night here.
The film has been mostly shot in Lucknow, besides Hyderabad and Mumbai. The 25-year-old actress says both Aditya and herself are at their fattest best in the film, thanks to their binging on local delicacies in Lucknow.
“I think we are at our fattest best in this film. Me, Aditya and Anupam Kher used to have meals together all the time. Anupam sir has lived in Lucknow for some time and he knew many eateries and we would order from there,” she said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ is the second collaboration between Parineeti and Faisal after previously working together in ‘Ishaqzaade’. Just like the 2012 film, the actress plays a Muslim girl in this upcoming film but she says the similarity ends there.
“I think as an actor you always want something different everytime. I hope that I am offered something interesting. Though I have played a Muslim girl before in a film directed by Habib sir but this film is different. It is not a repetition. My body language is different, my styling is different. I speak in a Dakhini accent which I don’t think any actress has done before,” she said.
‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ has been produced by Yash Raj Fims and will release on September 5.