Deepika Padukone’s latest release Piku has not only done good business at the box office but also a terrific response and love from the fans.
Now, reports are that parents have started naming their daughters Piku after watching the film.
Deepika Padukone’s performance in the movie was widely appreciated and fans have now started writing to the actress on the same.
One of the fans, Anuraag Chaturvedi says that he has renamed his younger daughter Piku.
Another man Deepak Katoch says that whenever he gets married he will name his daughter after Deepika’s character in the film.
- Exclusive: Vishal Bharadwaj film starring Deepika Padukone and Irrfan titled Rani
- Padmaavat actor Deepika Padukone receives a token of appreciation from her ‘baba’ Amitabh Bachchan
- Vishal Bhardwaj on working with Deepika Padukone: The camera loves her
- Exclusive: Deepika Padukone-Irrfan Khan thriller to go on floors in January 2018
- Deepika adds beauty to ‘Piku’s character, says co-star Irrfan Khan
- Deepika Padukone to work with Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan in Shoojit Sircar’s Piku’
“When Shoojit mentioned that people are naming their children Piku, I didn’t believe him initially because it is a big decision for parents; it’s something that stays for life. Until I met some people recently who told me that they are naming their children Piku. It is really really heartening that my character has touched so many lives. We never expected this kind of reaction and I am truly humbled,” said Deepika Padukone.
Piku, which released in May 2015, also had Irrfan Khan and Big B.