Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, who has been facing criticism from some fans in his country for working in Bollywood film ‘Khoobsurat’, says he does not pay attention to such things.
Apparently, Fawad’s fans from Pakistan have taken to social networking sites to say that he has hurt the sentiments of his country by working in a Hindi film.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Fawad is making his Bollywood debut in the remake version of Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Khoobsurat’ opposite Sonam Kapoor.
“The people who you are talking about are very few. There will be people who will criticise… they are entitled to their opinion. Art knows no culture and creed. As an actor I would like to explore myself. I do feel bad but I choose to ignore it. I think to pay attention to it is unnecessary,” Fawad told reporters here today at the trailer launch of ‘Khoobsurat’.
The actor, who has starred in films like ‘Khuda Ke Liye’ and TV dramas ‘Humsufer’ and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’, plays the role of a royal prince in Shashanka Ghosh’s ‘Khoobsurat’, a modern-day adaptation of the cult romantic comedy of the same name.
The film, produced by Sonam’s sister Rhea and Disney India, is set to release on September 19.
Fawad said though Bollywood was an new environment for him, but he found everyone warm and welcoming in the industry.
“Its an honour to be part of this film. I found this film and my part interesting. It was a learning opportunity and I am grateful for this. This was an alien… New environment for me. But everyone made me comfortable. Everyone was warm and welcoming,” the Pakistani actor said.
The original film had Rakesh Roshan as the male lead. In the remake version, Sonam Kapoor is replacing veteran actress Rekha.
“I saw the original film as part of my homework. It is a timeless classic but our film is different. Rakesh Roshan played the role of a doctor and I play a Rajput prince, so it’s different in a way,” Fawad said.
The actor, who says he is a terrible singer, also sang a song at the event from his popular Pakistani TV show ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’.