Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, who has been facing criticism from some fans in his country for working in Bollywood film ‘Khoobsurat’, says he does not pay attention to such things.
Apparently, Fawad’s fans from Pakistan have taken to social networking sites to say that he has hurt the sentiments of his country by working in a Hindi film.
Fawad is making his Bollywood debut in the remake version of Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Khoobsurat’ opposite Sonam Kapoor.
“The people who you are talking about are very few. There will be people who will criticise… they are entitled to their opinion. Art knows no culture and creed. As an actor I would like to explore myself. I do feel bad but I choose to ignore it. I think to pay attention to it is unnecessary,” Fawad told reporters here today at the trailer launch of ‘Khoobsurat’.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The actor, who has starred in films like ‘Khuda Ke Liye’ and TV dramas ‘Humsufer’ and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’, plays the role of a royal prince in Shashanka Ghosh’s ‘Khoobsurat’, a modern-day adaptation of the cult romantic comedy of the same name.
The film, produced by Sonam’s sister Rhea and Disney India, is set to release on September 19.
Fawad said though Bollywood was an new environment for him, but he found everyone warm and welcoming in the industry.
“Its an honour to be part of this film. I found this film and my part interesting. It was a learning opportunity and I am grateful for this. This was an alien… New environment for me. But everyone made me comfortable. Everyone was warm and welcoming,” the Pakistani actor said.
The original film had Rakesh Roshan as the male lead. In the remake version, Sonam Kapoor is replacing veteran actress Rekha.
“I saw the original film as part of my homework. It is a timeless classic but our film is different. Rakesh Roshan played the role of a doctor and I play a Rajput prince, so it’s different in a way,” Fawad said.
The actor, who says he is a terrible singer, also sang a song at the event from his popular Pakistani TV show ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’.