Ranveer Singh has released an impromptu look from the sets of his upcoming movie Padmavati. All you can see is Ranveer’s kohl-rimmed eyes. At a closer look, you can see a range of emotions swirling in the depth of the actor’s eyes. It could be revenge, anger, jealousy, and so on. Ranveer is playing a historical character yet again in Padmavati, this time that of Alauddin Khilji. Looking at the picture, one thing is clear, that Ranveer has got into the skin of this ambitious ruler from Khilji Dynasty.
Alauddin Khilji is believed to be the most powerful ruler of his dynasty. His attack on Chittor after hearing the beauty of queen of Chittor, Rani Padmini, the wife of Rawal Ratan Singh is somehow travelled to this generation through documentation and books. However, not much is known about what happened after the attack.
Padmavati is Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s next magnum opus and also stars Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor. Ranveer shared the picture on his Instagram account. He as even declared the release date of the ambitious project. But the way he has revealed the date is quite interesting too. He has captioned it “XVII. XI. XVII”.
Check out the image.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Ranveer’s look in the film carries Afghan and Persian influences. “There is a lot of Turkish influence in the look of Alauddin Khilji. He is shown to be Delhi’s Sultan. This is a pre-Mughal period, rulers in that period were not that Indianised as Babar or others from the post-Mughal period were. Khilji’s look has more of Afghan, Persian culture. We had to take trips down to various museums, libraries and we also collected a lot of old textiles to get the right look,” Delhi-based designer Harpreet who is designing Ranveer’s costumes said.