Padmavati has finally got some good news after it ran into a slew of problems — right from producers to casting. Viacom18 Motion Pictures are now collaborating with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for his upcoming movie that stars Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor. The film will now go on floors soon and is set for a 2017 release.
Earlier there were reports that Eros International has pulled out of the film. Eros has earlier collaborated with Sanjay Leela Bhansali on films including Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela, and Bajirao Mastani. There were also speculations that the filmmaker was not getting producers to back his big-ticket project.
Then there were reports of differences between Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor. Film also faced protest from Patidar Navnirman Sena regarding the portrayal of Rani Padmavati. The Rajput Sena – who were apparently concerned about the portrayal of Rani Padmavati in the film — took the matter to Hardik Patel. “Every person is proud of Maharani Padmavati, who sacrificed her life for the self-esteem of Chittorgarh. Along with 1,600 other queens, she died of jauhar, (self-immolation) when Alauddin Khilji had attacked Chittorgarh,“ he was quoted as saying in Ahmedabad Mirror.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Padmavati is Viacom18 Motion Pictures’ third collaboration with the director’s Bhansali Productions after the success of Mary Kom & Gabbar is Back. After Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani, Sanjay Leela Bhansali returns to direct Padmavati and said,” I’m very happy to work with Viacom18 Motion Pictures & Ajit Andhare. We’ve had a successful partnership so far and I look forward to collaborating with them on Padmavati.”