From bagging her first award for her American TV show to being one of the Padma Award winners, actress Priyanka Chopra says she is living a dream and the national honour is a result of her hardwork.
“From ‘Dil Dhadakane Do’ to ‘Bajirao Mastani’ to getting People’s Choice award for ‘Quantico’ and now Padma Shri…I can’t explain in words what emotions I am going through. I think I am living my dream,” Priyanka, who is currently in Montreal, told PTI over phone.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I think it’s all the benefit of working hard. I don’t take my job for granted,” she said.
Priyanka will be conferred with Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honour.
She became the first South Asian actor to win People’s Choice Awards (Favourite actress) for her American TV show “Quantico” earlier this month.
“I am happy… excited that this honour came my way. It has been a good year for me. The start has been great. I am grateful to people who have acknowledged my work. Being the daughter of an army officer, this honour makes it more special,” Priyanka said.
The 33-year-old actress said she was elated to be among the illustrious personalities from films, arts and culture field who have receive the national honour.
“I am excited and happy to be in the illustrious list of people and getting the award,” she said.
The actress-singer said awards are acknowledgement of an artists’ work and with honours comes responsibility to do better work.
“I think with award comes encouragement to do better and good work. There is responsibility to perform better. I am happy (that) I am acknowledged for the work that I have done,” she said.
In her career spanning over a decade now, Priyanka has given some memorable performances in films like “Fashion”, “Kaminey”, “7 khoon Maaf”, “Barfi!”, “Mary Kom” and “Bajirao Mastani”.
She recently made her debut in the American TV space with thriller series “Quantico” where she plays the role of an FBI agent, Alex Parrish.
Priyanka also took to twitter:
My congratulations to the recipients of the Padma Awards this year. I am privileged to be a part of such an illustrious list of achievers.
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) January 25, 2016