From bagging her first award for her American TV show to being one of the Padma Award winners, actress Priyanka Chopra says she is living a dream and the national honour is a result of her hardwork.
“From ‘Dil Dhadakane Do’ to ‘Bajirao Mastani’ to getting People’s Choice award for ‘Quantico’ and now Padma Shri…I can’t explain in words what emotions I am going through. I think I am living my dream,” Priyanka, who is currently in Montreal, told PTI over phone.
“I think it’s all the benefit of working hard. I don’t take my job for granted,” she said.
Priyanka will be conferred with Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honour.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She became the first South Asian actor to win People’s Choice Awards (Favourite actress) for her American TV show “Quantico” earlier this month.
“I am happy… excited that this honour came my way. It has been a good year for me. The start has been great. I am grateful to people who have acknowledged my work. Being the daughter of an army officer, this honour makes it more special,” Priyanka said.
The 33-year-old actress said she was elated to be among the illustrious personalities from films, arts and culture field who have receive the national honour.
“I am excited and happy to be in the illustrious list of people and getting the award,” she said.
The actress-singer said awards are acknowledgement of an artists’ work and with honours comes responsibility to do better work.
“I think with award comes encouragement to do better and good work. There is responsibility to perform better. I am happy (that) I am acknowledged for the work that I have done,” she said.
In her career spanning over a decade now, Priyanka has given some memorable performances in films like “Fashion”, “Kaminey”, “7 khoon Maaf”, “Barfi!”, “Mary Kom” and “Bajirao Mastani”.
She recently made her debut in the American TV space with thriller series “Quantico” where she plays the role of an FBI agent, Alex Parrish.
Priyanka also took to twitter:
My congratulations to the recipients of the Padma Awards this year. I am privileged to be a part of such an illustrious list of achievers.
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) January 25, 2016