Nikkhil Advani says his upcoming family drama show P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke! is equal to 22 films in the industry. “‘P.O.W.’ is my dream project on television. Everybody from scriptwriter to my assistants and the actors has really worked hard on the show,” Advani, who has helmed movies like Kal Ho Naa Ho and D-Day, said in a statement.
See What else is making news
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
An Indian adaptation of Israeli TV drama Hatufim, the show reveals the story of two missing-in-action soldiers who return home after 17 years. Why did he choose television to bring out this story? He said: “We see how television industry is putting a lot of efforts in producing shows like ‘Quantico’ and ‘Game of Thrones’. It’s like six-hour film put together.”
“Just like my show ‘P.O.W.’, which is finite series of 126 episodes, is equal to 22 films in the industry. Indian audiences have shown they are reactive to good content, and me and my team thought of bringing out this vast story on small screen.”
The show stars actors like Purab Kohli, Sandhya Mridul, Amrita Puri and Rasika Dugal.
Bollywood celebrities like Karan Johar, Riteish Deshmukh, Nimrat Kaur and Sonam Kapoor have given a thumbs up to the trailer of Nikkhil Advani’s upcoming TV show P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke by saying that the director is raising the bar of the medium through his project. An Indian adaptation of Israel TV shows Hatufim, P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke tells the story of two missing in action soldiers who return home after 17 years.
The show, which will be aired on Star Plus from October onwards, features Purab Kohli, Sandhya Mridul, Amrita Puri, Satyadeep Misra and Manish Chaudhari. The trailer of the show was launched on Friday. Various celebrities took to Twitter to praise Advani’s work.