Actor Arjun Kapoor says he wanted to become a director, but ideas continuously flowing from his mind prompted him to put his plans on hold.
“I tried writing because I wanted to be a director. But I wasn’t good at writing as my mind would run much faster than my hand could. And I thought of too many things which eventually didn’t make sense in terms of a character. I just wanted to encompass everything into that script,” Arjun said during the launch of writer Debashish Irengbam’s book “Me, Mia, Multiple” along with lyricist-poet Javed Akhtar.
“I was very naive and gullible at that time and thought that I could achieve it. But that’s when I realised that I’m not yet ready for direction. Since then, I haven’t dwelt on it. You evolve over a course of time and something you desire now might not be something you desire five years later,” Arjun said.
The actor also said he was “not a voracious reader” and that he did not have an appetite for reading.
- Arjun Kapoor on his journey in Bollywood: Highs were amazing, lows a teacher
- Parineeti Chopra on on-screen equation with Arjun Kapoor in Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar: We are at loggerheads
- Mubarakan making video: Anil Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor make the best real and reel life Chachu-Bhatija jodi. This video is proof
- Hope fans understand we have bad days too: Arjun Kapoor
- Interesting roles are being written for actresses: Arjun Kapoor
- ‘Ishaqzaade’ perfect launch for me: Arjun Kapoor
He said he always prefers watching films over reading books, and that he also did not read “2 States”, the book on which his Rs.100-crore blockbuster of the same name was based on.
Arjun is preparing himself for his upcoming romantic film with Kareena Kapoor Khan, directed by R. Balki which goes on floors by the end of July.