Little Known outfit, Hindu Janjagruti Samiti (HJS) has demanded a ban on the movie ‘Ragini MMS 2’ as well as deportation of Bollywood star Sunny Leone from India in its memorandum submitted to the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
The organisation has also threatened to agitate in front of movie halls which screen the film, if it was not banned. In order to press the demand to stop the movie from being exhibited, the HJS said that is “educating” movie theatre owners, to stop the movie from being screened.
Calling ‘Ragini MMS 2’ “an assault on Bharatiya culture, dignity and Hindu deities” in its memorandum to the CFBC, the HJS said the movie begins with the chanting of the “Shree Hanuman Chalisa” which is sacred to Hindus and held the CFBC responsible for “increase in communal and social tension”.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“Notorious pornstar Sunny Leone plays a lead role in the film. By making use of Shri Hanuman, a deity known to have control over his organs and whose character was ideal, religious sentiments of Hindus have been hurt to a great extent,” the HJS memorandum said.
“Therefore, HJS has demanded that the movie should be immediately banned and pornstar Sunny Leone, who is leading the young generation of Bharat to carnal desires should be deported from Bharat,” the memorandum said.
“Presently, morality in society has reached its nadir. Offences such as rapes, atrocities on women and molestation of women are on the increase every day. In such a situation, it is unfortunate to observe that films (are) being produced leading society towards lecherousness and immorality by deluging it with pervert and obscene films,” it said.
“All roles played by Sunny Leone in films so far have crossed the limits of dignity and grace of Bharatiya culture. Hindu society is enraged due to regular incidents of granting permission for exhibition of films, which hurt religious sentiments of Hindus and promote obscenity in society,” it said.