Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, known for his strong performances in Bollywood films like “Gangs of Wasseypur 2”, “Kick”, and “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, says the quality of Indian movies is as good as any world cinema.
“Our cinema…that we are making, is no less than any world cinema. We are making good films and they are getting appreciated worldwide especially at film festivals. It’s not necessary to do a Hollywood film to prove one’s skills as an actor.
“I don’t think I need to do Hollywood films. If I get an opportunity, I will consider it. But it’s not any do or die situation,” Nawazuddin, who will be seen in the Hollywood project “Lion”, told IANS.
The 42-year-old is content with his work so far.
Asked about doing TV shows, he said: “I don’t watch TV. There’s no time. I am enjoying acting in movies. So, it’s better to focus on that only,” he said.
He just hopes to grow with every film as an actor.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui says categorising actors is a bad practice in Bollywood
- My character should not be ordinary, cliched: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- It's a myth that commercial films don't have good story: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui urges people to help farmers
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui ready to act in Hollywood
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
“I never thought that people would be inspired by me. I just came here to work. Thank god I got what I wanted. People get inspired by work. So, I should grow with every film. I like to focus on honesty and hard work. These are the only two things that are in my control. Rest, it’s up to the audience,” said the actor, who has films like “Raees” and Anurag Kashyap’s upcoming directorial.
For now, he is proud to be associated with “the prestigious brand” Mayur Suitings as its ambassador.