A day after actor Geetika Tyagi posted a video on YouTube titled ‘Subhash Kapoor’s True Face’, and put a link on Twitter calling it “confession of the sexual abuser”, charges flew back and forth on social media.
The 31-minute video shows Subhash Kapoor, the director of Jolly LLB and Phas Gaye Re Obama, and his wife pleading with and trying to pacify a sobbing Geetika Tyagi as she talks about being scarred after she was allegedly assaulted by Subhash Kapoor more than a year ago. At one point in the video, Tyagi slaps Kapoor across his face.
Geetika Tyagi is seen accompanied by her friend Atul Sabharwal, director of Aurangzeb, who later complimented her on Twitter for posting the video.
While the video, which was recorded by Geetika Tyagi without Subhash Kapoors’ knowledge, was nearing 40,000 hits, the film industry was largely silent on Wednesday, barring Tigmanshu Dhulia. The ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ director tweeted: “If the film industry has any heart, they should boycott Atul Sabarwal as he was part of this vicious scheme to demean Subhash Kapoor.”
Atul Sabharwal shot back: “Do you know the facts? Were you there at the incident? Am I running around the film industry for support? …Watch the video. Boycott me a thousand times and we will rise above all of you in this. Tyagi, a theatre and film actor whose last release was ‘One By Two’, tweeted: “Shame!! One strong person who shows courage does not deserve this. Check facts and then come forward to say anything.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Scriptwriter Danish Raza, who claims to be a mutual friend of Geetika Tyagi and Subhash Kapoor, put up a long post on Facebook defending Geetika. “Geetika’s first narration to me of this incident… was not of sexual assault. To me it clearly sounded like something that happened between two people and there was no mention of an assault. Her first version was exactly same as Subhash’s (consistent) version and her version changed only two days later when she alleged, in the presence of Atul Sabharwal, that ‘force’ was used. Even in that case she says Subhash stopped when she said ‘stop’ so where is molestation in it?” Raza posted.
On Wednesday, Geetika Tyagi tweeted at regular intervals countering new reports and making clarifications. According to her, she has been close to Subhash Kapoor and his wife for the last eight years. Denying suggestions of a ‘casting couch’, she tweeted: “The only relation I shared with him was platonic. In those years, what he got from me was respect.” She called the alleged incident “a breach of trust”.
Tyagi said she had posted the video to caution women who might come in contact with Kapoor professionally or socially, and might look up to him as a father figure or elder brother. “It is not easy to upload this. Like that sexual assault this too is an invasion of my privacy that I am compelled to compromise to expose what Subash Kapoor did to me,” Tyagi said in her YouTube post.