Ekta Kapoor’s Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi is a cut-copy-paste version of all that’s been seen in the past. It’s about a rich girl Ishaani (Radhika Madan) and her family driver’s son, Ranveer (Shakti Arora). She’s a sweetheart and he’s a gentleman running around the house, doing errands and trying to fit in. They are childhood friends and it’s obvious that Ranveer is besotted by her. But when has the course of love run smooth on Indian television? Before Ranveer and Ishaani can find their eternal bliss, they have to navigate through issues such as their class disparity, Ishaani’s personal tragic history and a reign of terror unleashed by family’s ‘Hitler Daadi’, Baa (Sarita Joshi).
Meri Aashiqui… for the first five-six episodes is clumsy as it establishes Baa’s tyranny and autocratic rule in the household. Unlike the cold and calculating matriarch in Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela played by Supriya Pathak, here Joshi comes across as irritating and exaggerated. Even the antics of this big fat Gujju family are irksome, add to that the grand sets, bejeweled costumes and the constant war of words between the ladies. We get a feeling of déjà vu.
The show marks the comeback of Gauri Pradhan Tejwani after a gap of five-and-a-half years as Falguni and it’s
the only character that comes closest to life so far. Other than that there are a few redeeming elements. From the little we have seen so far, Meri Aashiqui… appears to be on repeat mode. Pick any show from the smorgasbord of channels, and this show is no different. Meanwhile, we wait for a change of scene.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen