Veteran actor Om Puri, who shot with Helen Mirren in the French town of Albi for Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom’s “The Hundred Foot Journey”, says he was very impressed by the location and his lovely leading lady – and even went down on his knees for her.
“I rented my own apartment in Albi where I did my own cooking. When Helen Mirren arrived for shooting, I invited her home for dinner along with the rest of the crew. I cooked an Indian meal for them. When she arrived, I fell on my knees in front of her and confessed I was a fan. Helen laughed, made me stand up, hugged me and said she also admired my work,” Om told IANS on the phone from Albi.
Om is simply bowled over by Mirren and is ecially impressed by her generous spirit.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“She is such a great actress and so devoid of any vanity. I had a great time shooting with her. The one saving grace of my troubled life is that when I start to work I forget all my problems,” he said.
As for his own experience during the shoot, Om said: “I was so happy to be here in Albi. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I’m very proud of what we achieved in this film. I think my country will be proud of me.”
“That at my age I get such pivotal roles in international projects proves I must have done something right,” he added.