Veteran actor Om Puri, who shot with Helen Mirren in the French town of Albi for Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom’s “The Hundred Foot Journey”, says he was very impressed by the location and his lovely leading lady – and even went down on his knees for her.
“I rented my own apartment in Albi where I did my own cooking. When Helen Mirren arrived for shooting, I invited her home for dinner along with the rest of the crew. I cooked an Indian meal for them. When she arrived, I fell on my knees in front of her and confessed I was a fan. Helen laughed, made me stand up, hugged me and said she also admired my work,” Om told IANS on the phone from Albi.
Om is simply bowled over by Mirren and is ecially impressed by her generous spirit.
“She is such a great actress and so devoid of any vanity. I had a great time shooting with her. The one saving grace of my troubled life is that when I start to work I forget all my problems,” he said.
As for his own experience during the shoot, Om said: “I was so happy to be here in Albi. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I’m very proud of what we achieved in this film. I think my country will be proud of me.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“That at my age I get such pivotal roles in international projects proves I must have done something right,” he added.