Makers of Ajay Devgn-Kareena Kapoor starrer ‘Singham Returns’ have agreed to delete certain scenes from the film which were found to be objectionable by a right-wing Hindu organisation.
The decision was taken after members of the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) met movie director Rohit Shetty, Devgn and creative director Ashok Pandit in Mumbai yesterday.
“The HJS registered its objections with producers, directors and the Censor Board after watching its trailer. Accordingly, producers and directors called a meeting and gave us a concrete assurance to remove objectionable scenes raised by us,” HJS national spokesman Ramesh Shinde told PTI today.
HJS leaders had condemned the movie after its trailer depicted a saint as villain.
The film, which is scheduled to be released on August 15, depicted scenes and dialogues which hurt the religious feelings of Hindus, Shinde said.
The HJS has circulated a letter written by the movie’s co-producer Kumar Mangat Pathak which assured that “all the shots which were mutually discussed to be deleted will be deleted and will not be there in the film”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We respect your sentiments and assure you that nothing will be done to disrespect it,” the letter dated August 4, 2014, read.