VJ-actress-singer Sophie Choudry, who will be seen in dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’, admits she is not thinking of winning the show at the moment.
Sophie, who has done dance numbers in films like ‘Heyy Babyy’ and ‘Shootout at Wadala’, said she is looking forward to give memorable performances on the show.
“Dancing in films is very different to performing and competing live. I enjoy dancing, but I have never been trained in a dance, so I thought I would take up this as a challenge.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“For me the show is a way to learn various dance forms. It’s been a while since people saw me on TV and this is a wonderful platform,” Sophie told PTI.
But looking at the format of the show till now, mostly TV actors have won it, but she is not thinking of winning or losing.
“I am not thinking about winning the show right now. I just want to win judges’ respect and audience’s love. I want to give a few memorable performances and connect with people,” she added.
Sophie was approached to participate in the show earlier as well but could not do it due to various reasons.
“I had got offer (from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’) earlier as well but it didn’t work out because of date issues or due to some injuries. This time too, I was ready to say no but the team convinced me,” Sophie said, who has also featured in songs in Tamil and Telugu films.
“There are talented dancer participating in the show, which means the competition is already tougher than usual. I think everyone is competition. People may think I am a good dancer, but I am not trained and certainly not used to dancing with a partner,” Sophie said.
The seventh season of the show, which hits TV this month, will be judged by filmmaker Karan Johar, actress Madhuri Dixit and choreographer-director Remo D’Souza.