Actress Shabana Azmi says she is confident her upcoming movie “Neerja” will get a clearance for release in Pakistan, amid reports that it has been banned there.
The Sonam Kapoor-starrer, based on real incidents during the hijacking of the Pan Am Flight 73 at Karachi airport in 1986, has been banned in Pakistan allegedly for showing the country in poor light.
“The film is yet to be seen by the selection committee. So, we are waiting for their reaction and we are absolutely confident that once they watch the film they will have no problem with it,” Shabana, who plays Neerja’s mother, told reporters here.
“… Neerja was awarded the Ashok Chakra by Indian government, a medal by Pakistan and a citation by the US government. There is no way that we will tell a story in which a girl was awarded by Pakistani government and show the country in poor light. I’m really confident that when they will watch the film, they will realise their apprehensions were completely misfounded.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When asked to comment, director Ram Madhavani said there is no official word yet and they will come to know in another two days.
The movie revolves around Neerja Bhanot, a flight attendant on board a Pan Am Mumbai-New York flight, who was shot dead by terrorists during the hijacking while trying to save the lives of passengers.
The movie team along with Neerja’s brothers today launched a biography on the late flight attendant.