Actress Shabana Azmi says she is confident her upcoming movie “Neerja” will get a clearance for release in Pakistan, amid reports that it has been banned there.
The Sonam Kapoor-starrer, based on real incidents during the hijacking of the Pan Am Flight 73 at Karachi airport in 1986, has been banned in Pakistan allegedly for showing the country in poor light.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The film is yet to be seen by the selection committee. So, we are waiting for their reaction and we are absolutely confident that once they watch the film they will have no problem with it,” Shabana, who plays Neerja’s mother, told reporters here.
“… Neerja was awarded the Ashok Chakra by Indian government, a medal by Pakistan and a citation by the US government. There is no way that we will tell a story in which a girl was awarded by Pakistani government and show the country in poor light. I’m really confident that when they will watch the film, they will realise their apprehensions were completely misfounded.”
When asked to comment, director Ram Madhavani said there is no official word yet and they will come to know in another two days.
The movie revolves around Neerja Bhanot, a flight attendant on board a Pan Am Mumbai-New York flight, who was shot dead by terrorists during the hijacking while trying to save the lives of passengers.
The movie team along with Neerja’s brothers today launched a biography on the late flight attendant.