Actor Vivek Oberoi, who has lent his voice in the Hindi version of Hollywood film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’, says he is not over eager to do Hollywood films and will essay only quality roles.
“I am not crazy about doing Hollywood films. I am not interested to do a five-minute role in a film which is not exciting to me. For me, quality of role is important and if a role excites me I do it,” Vivek told PTI.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Vivek says he agreed to dub for the character Electro in ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ as he has been a huge fan of the web-casting superhero.
“I have always been a huge fan of the Spider-Man comics and films. Max Dillon/Electro is an immensely fascinating and complex character and it will be interesting to face off with Spider-Man,” he said.
Vivek said dubbing was not new for him. “I have been a dubbing artist before becoming an actor. I got trained for it. Dubbing for a film where you have not performed is different. It is challenging to dub in other language and other character. But it was a funny experience,” he added.
In the original version of the film, Electro is played by Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx.
Vivek has played villainous roles in films like ‘Company’, ‘Shoot Out at Lokhandwala’, ‘Rakht Charitra’, ‘Krrish 3’.
“There is no fascination towards villain roles. I like playing characters that are different. We all have an element of grey in us I like to show that on screen,” Vivek said, adding ‘Gabbar Singh’, which was immortalised by Amjad Khan, is his all-time favourite character.
The film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ starring Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man and Emma Stone as his lady love, will release in India on May 1.