Actor Vivek Oberoi, who has lent his voice in the Hindi version of Hollywood film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’, says he is not over eager to do Hollywood films and will essay only quality roles.
“I am not crazy about doing Hollywood films. I am not interested to do a five-minute role in a film which is not exciting to me. For me, quality of role is important and if a role excites me I do it,” Vivek told PTI.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
A number of Bollywood actors like Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan Khan, Anupam Kher and others have starred in Hollywood films.
Vivek says he agreed to dub for the character Electro in ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ as he has been a huge fan of the web-casting superhero.
“I have always been a huge fan of the Spider-Man comics and films. Max Dillon/Electro is an immensely fascinating and complex character and it will be interesting to face off with Spider-Man,” he said.
Vivek said dubbing was not new for him. “I have been a dubbing artist before becoming an actor. I got trained for it. Dubbing for a film where you have not performed is different. It is challenging to dub in other language and other character. But it was a funny experience,” he added.
In the original version of the film, Electro is played by Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx.
Vivek has played villainous roles in films like ‘Company’, ‘Shoot Out at Lokhandwala’, ‘Rakht Charitra’, ‘Krrish 3’.
“There is no fascination towards villain roles. I like playing characters that are different. We all have an element of grey in us I like to show that on screen,” Vivek said, adding ‘Gabbar Singh’, which was immortalised by Amjad Khan, is his all-time favourite character.
The film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ starring Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man and Emma Stone as his lady love, will release in India on May 1.