Enjoying free time with popular comic characters Chacha Chaudhary and Sabu or flipping through its pages during train journey – many such childhood memories hit the actors from Hindi filmdom upon hearing about the death of Pran Kumar Sharma, creator of the iconic comic book.
Better known as Pran, he was suffering from colon cancer and died at 9.30 p.m. Tuesday. He was 75.
Veteran actor Anupam Kher said that Pran’s characters, which also included the popular Sabu, happened to inspire his on screen roles.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“I grew up with the cartoons of legendary Pran. Later his characters were to become part of so many comic roles I did. Will miss him. RIP,” tweeted Anupam.
For younger actors Randeep Hooda, Virr Das and Nikhil Dwivedi, the cartoonist’s creativity hold a special place.
“Pran, creator of the iconic Chacha Chaudhary is no more. Ah those train journeys as a child with these as a companion,” Nikhil posted on Twitter, while Randeep said: “Chacha Chaudhary ka dimag computer se bhi tez chalta hai”… Thank you Pran saab for a great Bachpan. RIP.”
To all those who have not yet had a brush with Chacha Chaudhary, Virr suggested: “If you’ve never been exposed to a Chacha Chaudary comic and Pran’s genius, take today, do some browsing and find one. You won’t regret it.”
National Award winning filmmaker paid a tribute to Pran saying: “The man who gave us the legendary Chacha Choudhary is no more. This is clearly the end of an era. A true superstar; RIP Pran Sharma.”
Actress Celina Jaitly shared that Chacha Chaudhary has been her favourite comic.
In her condolence message to its creator, she said: “India’s very own original superhero’s creator shri Pran kumars sad demise #legacyRIP”
“My Name Is Khan” writer tweeted: “R.I.P Pran, the creator of Chacha Chaudhary. His stories were a treasure trove of native intelligence. #ChildhoodMemories”