Enjoying free time with popular comic characters Chacha Chaudhary and Sabu or flipping through its pages during train journey – many such childhood memories hit the actors from Hindi filmdom upon hearing about the death of Pran Kumar Sharma, creator of the iconic comic book.
Better known as Pran, he was suffering from colon cancer and died at 9.30 p.m. Tuesday. He was 75.
Veteran actor Anupam Kher said that Pran’s characters, which also included the popular Sabu, happened to inspire his on screen roles.
“I grew up with the cartoons of legendary Pran. Later his characters were to become part of so many comic roles I did. Will miss him. RIP,” tweeted Anupam.
For younger actors Randeep Hooda, Virr Das and Nikhil Dwivedi, the cartoonist’s creativity hold a special place.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Pran, creator of the iconic Chacha Chaudhary is no more. Ah those train journeys as a child with these as a companion,” Nikhil posted on Twitter, while Randeep said: “Chacha Chaudhary ka dimag computer se bhi tez chalta hai”… Thank you Pran saab for a great Bachpan. RIP.”
To all those who have not yet had a brush with Chacha Chaudhary, Virr suggested: “If you’ve never been exposed to a Chacha Chaudary comic and Pran’s genius, take today, do some browsing and find one. You won’t regret it.”
National Award winning filmmaker paid a tribute to Pran saying: “The man who gave us the legendary Chacha Choudhary is no more. This is clearly the end of an era. A true superstar; RIP Pran Sharma.”
Actress Celina Jaitly shared that Chacha Chaudhary has been her favourite comic.
In her condolence message to its creator, she said: “India’s very own original superhero’s creator shri Pran kumars sad demise #legacyRIP”
“My Name Is Khan” writer tweeted: “R.I.P Pran, the creator of Chacha Chaudhary. His stories were a treasure trove of native intelligence. #ChildhoodMemories”