Salman Khan says that he is ready to take the blame for his much-talked about film ‘Jai Ho’ not getting the expected big opening at the box office.
‘Jai Ho’, the first big-budget release of 2014, could not get a bumper start unlike the recent Salman Khan-starrers such as ‘Wanted’, ‘Bodyguard’ and ‘Dabangg’.
The Sohail Khan-directed film earned Rs 17 crore on the opening day.
“The overall collections of the film matter. I am not affected by the figures of my film. If the film gets a good opening, it’s good. If it doesn’t, nobody has failed but me. I could not give the reason for people to perhaps see the film. No one can predict the collections of a film. We have made a beautiful and a good film. It is entertaining film with a dose of action and it also gives a good message,” Salman said at an event here.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Perhaps I have failed in bringing in the people. We tried to do something different and may be people did not want to see the film as they expected to see a ‘Dabangg’, ‘Bodyguyard’ kind of a film. They wanted to enjoy. Some people understood that this is not that kind of film and that it is a serious film,” he said.
“We are also confused with the reaction we are getting from theatres and the collections are not matching up. It is strange combination,” Salman said.