National award-winning actress Vidya Balan, who is on a mini break from her hectic career, says she has no plans to join politics and will stick to her acting career.
“I don’t have a political bent of mind except that I will cast my vote like a responsible citizen of India,” Balan told reporters during the launch of Indian Film Festival of
Melbourne (IFFM) here yesterday.
She said she was honoured to be the brand ambassador of the festival third time with the 2014 being the special one as the festival will be inaugurated by Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan on May 1 here.
Balan is on her two-day trip to Australia and would be returning back tonight to receive Padma Shree award on Monday in New Delhi.
Expressing her gratitude for all the awards and appreciations she has received in the past, Balan said, “As long as I get exciting parts to play, work with good filmmakers and team, I think that is what I am hoping for… Everything else follows. I have never pursued or worked towards an award but good work is always what one hopes for,” Balan said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The 36-year-old actress also quashed her pregnancy rumours disclosing that she was taking a short break to get back to her acting career.
“I have been working with back to back shooting and film release for the last five years. I am taking a break for two months before I start promoting my next film ‘Bobby Jasoos’
which will release in June or July and would need lot of work,” she said.
According to recent reports, Balan opted out of Sujoy Ghosh’s next thriller ‘Durga Rani Singh’ and speculations are that she has been replaced by Kangana Ranaut.
When asked about her take on Ranaut replacing her in the film, Balan said, “I am happy that she is doing the film.”