Veteran actor Prem Chopra, best known for his negative roles in films like “Kati Patang”, “Dostana”, “Kranti” and “Phool Bane Angaarey”, says films nowadays don’t feature “purely dark villians” as they are showed in more of “grey shades”.
“There are no more purely dark villains. Like heroes, the negative character are also in the shades of grey today,” Prem said in a statement.
The 80-year-old will next be seen in “Udanchhoo” playing the role of ‘Baba G’. He and actress Bruna Abdullah were shooting for a ‘Pravachan’ scene earlier this week here.
- Govind Namdev: Today when heroes play villains, their larger than life persona clashes with their characters
- EXCLUSIVE | Prem Chopra: You guys reveal our age and all the beautiful girls run away, life starts post 80
- Prem Chopra wants to portray himself in his biopic
- Prem Chopra: Villains are better etched-out in movies now
- I am happy being a villain, says Prem Chopra
- Prem Chopra back to his evil ways in ‘Agent Vinod’
“When you see the scene, you will not be able to guess who is the bad guy, given the calm composed smile I have on my face through the scene. The real colours are shown off the stage by Baba G,” said Prem.
In the sequence, Prem is seen sitting on a grand thrown, on a stage decorated with garlands and flowers, dressed in imperial blue robe and a yellow lustrous stole.
Directed by Vipin Parashar, “Udanchhoo” is a layered comedy and is inspired from real life events. The protagonist and his family are sucked into the devious plot of the greedy ‘Baba G’.
Apart from Prem, the film also stars Rajneesh Duggal and debutante Sayesha Saigal