Bollywood hunk John Abraham has no leading lady in his next project ‘Rocky Handsome’. But it’s not because his characters loves only himself.
Filmmaker Nishikant Kamat informed: “Apart from John Abraham there is one other pivotal character, a male associate to John’s character. And they share very close bonding. But no leading lady, not even for the songs. I will have three songs in the film. But they’d all be in background.”
Not that Nishikant is uncomfortable with songs. “I didn’t have lip-sync songs in any of my earlier films until recently in my Marathi film ‘Lai Bhaari’ which Riteish Deshmukh has produced. He also plays the lead. Though it’s not a comedy it’s a much lighter film than my earlier films ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’, ‘Force’ or my first film ‘Dombivali Fast’ which was in Marathi.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Nishikant Kamat feels the glamour, songs and cast including the female lead must not be dictated by the box office. “I do understand numbers. I know box office figures are important. And ‘Rocky Handsome’ is my most expensive film to date. But I can’t be looking anxiously over my shoulder every time I write a script.”
John Abraham is a part of the growing breed of heroine-less heroes in Bollywood. The trend started way back in 1973 when Dharmendra appeared solo in Nasir Hussain’s ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat’. Recently in Vijay Krishna Acharya’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ Abhishek Bachchan had no leading lady.
Nishikant Kamat feels leading ladies to be redundant in an action film, unless they are catalysts to the action.
He explained: “Not that ‘Rocky Handsome’ would lack an emotional content in a leading lady’s absence. There would be a very strong emotional conflict between John’s character and the other male protagonist.”
Nishikant Kamat also added John Abraham is quite happy being heroine-less in ‘Rocky Handsome’.
The director said: “John Abraham has matured beyond recognition in recent times. He is ready to stick his neck out as a producer and an actor. Last year ‘Madras Cafe’ proved it. I really liked John in ‘Madras Cafe’.”