Bollywood hunk John Abraham has no leading lady in his next project ‘Rocky Handsome’. But it’s not because his characters loves only himself.
Filmmaker Nishikant Kamat informed: “Apart from John Abraham there is one other pivotal character, a male associate to John’s character. And they share very close bonding. But no leading lady, not even for the songs. I will have three songs in the film. But they’d all be in background.”
Not that Nishikant is uncomfortable with songs. “I didn’t have lip-sync songs in any of my earlier films until recently in my Marathi film ‘Lai Bhaari’ which Riteish Deshmukh has produced. He also plays the lead. Though it’s not a comedy it’s a much lighter film than my earlier films ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’, ‘Force’ or my first film ‘Dombivali Fast’ which was in Marathi.”
Nishikant Kamat feels the glamour, songs and cast including the female lead must not be dictated by the box office. “I do understand numbers. I know box office figures are important. And ‘Rocky Handsome’ is my most expensive film to date. But I can’t be looking anxiously over my shoulder every time I write a script.”
John Abraham is a part of the growing breed of heroine-less heroes in Bollywood. The trend started way back in 1973 when Dharmendra appeared solo in Nasir Hussain’s ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat’. Recently in Vijay Krishna Acharya’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ Abhishek Bachchan had no leading lady.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Nishikant Kamat feels leading ladies to be redundant in an action film, unless they are catalysts to the action.
He explained: “Not that ‘Rocky Handsome’ would lack an emotional content in a leading lady’s absence. There would be a very strong emotional conflict between John’s character and the other male protagonist.”
Nishikant Kamat also added John Abraham is quite happy being heroine-less in ‘Rocky Handsome’.
The director said: “John Abraham has matured beyond recognition in recent times. He is ready to stick his neck out as a producer and an actor. Last year ‘Madras Cafe’ proved it. I really liked John in ‘Madras Cafe’.”