Filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra chose to avoid a question about a remark on late singer Mohammed Rafi in Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, saying he has not watched the film and does not have any plans to see it.
In the film, Ranbir Kapoor, who plays an aspiring singer tells Anushka Sharma that many people have said his voice is like Rafi’s, to which Anushka says, “Mohammad Rafi? Woh gaate kam, rote zyada the na?”
The dialogue has irked Rafi’s family members and fans. When asked to comment on this, Chopra said, “I don’t watch Hindi films. The name of the film that you took I haven’t seen it and I don’t intend to watch it. I have no interest.”
Chopra was speaking at the special screening of Priyanka Chopra-produced Marathi film Ventilator. Ventilator is such a good film that you would forget who made fun of whom in which film. When a good film is made it is of some different level.
“I have seen this film and I am so impressed with it and I think everyone should see it. Since Ventilator is a good film I am supporting it. If it was a bad film I wouldn’t have come here for the screening. The film is worth seeing,” he added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The 64-year-old producer-director said language did not come in the way while watching Ventilator.
“I forgot that I was watching a Marathi film. Cinema has a different language. Even if you don’t understand the language it is ok as the film has emotions and it touches you. Cinema has no language,” he said.
Chopra and Ventilator director Rajesh Mapuskar had earlier teamed up for Sharman Joshi-Boman Irani starrer
Ferrai Ki Sawari .
“I think Rajesh has made a good film this time. For Ferrari Ki Saawari we all were there to help him but for Ventilator he did it all alone and he has done a great job.” Rajesh said he feels overwhelmed with the response of his mentor Chopra. “He is my boss and mentor, guru, father. His views matter to me. I am glad he liked the film,” Rajesh said.
Produced by Priyanka Chopra and her mother Madhu Chopra, the film stars Sulbha Arya, Viju Khote, Jitendra Joshi,
Ashutosh Gowariker and others. It hit cinema houses yesterday.