Actor Akshay Kumar, known for performing dare devil stunts, said that he has never hurt or injured anyone filming action sequences in his 24-year film career.
Popular for his ‘Khiladi’ series, the actor says, to him safety comes first. “In my 24 years of career, no one sustained injuries or got hurt during any action scene or a stunt. For me safety comes first,” he said.
Akshay has joined hands with Yuva Sena Chief Aditya Thackeray and launched a martial arts training institute to give self-defence training for women in Mumbai.
The actor revealed that recently, during a shoot with actress Sonakshi Sinha for a TV channel, the actress had to shoot (gun), but none of the persons on the set checked the gun and later on when he checked, there was a bullet inside it. “I shouted at them as no one checked it. It is all about safety and it is very important,” he said.
Akshay, who is a black belt in Taekwondo, travelled to Bangkok to further study martial arts. After learning Muay Thai combat sport in Thailand, he became a martial arts trainer in Mumbai. “It is important for women to learn self defence. Martial art training is a must and we all need it today. It is a small initiative, I don’t know how far this will go,” Akshay, told reporters yesterday at the graduation day of the current batch
of the institute.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said he was not in town during the initial few days of the opening of the institute, adding, the graduation day was the right time to talk about it. “For the next batch, whenever I am in the city, I will be coming on weekends,” the 46-year old actor said.
Meanwhile, Akshay declined to comment on the news of his father-in-law and legendary actor Rajesh Khanna’s bungalow ‘Vardan Aashirwad’ being reportedly sold.