- Watch Golmaal Again song Hum Nahi Sudhrenge: Ajay Devgn and gang give us a feel-good number
- Golmaal Again title track: This Ajay Devgn-Parineeti Chopra peppy number is a quintessential Rohit Shetty song
- Watch Golmaal Again trailer: Ajay Devgn and his gang is funny in parts but Tusshar Kapoor gets back his voice
In her two-decade long career, Tabu has never been on a signing spree because she feels a good role is enough to keep an actor alive in the audience’s mind.
The 43-year-old “Haider” star said she has a unique “temperament” which does not allow her to follow others.
“I can’t do back-to-back films. I can’t do promotions. I have such a temperament that I cannot do anything in excess. If I like something, I will do it otherwise I won’t do it. I never felt the need to be in the rat race. I should be satisfied first as an actor with my work. I will not do something because everyone is doing it,” she told PTI in an interview.
Tabu started her career in showbiz as a child artiste in 1985 film “Hum Naujawan”, where she played Dev Anand’s daughter. She also tried her luck in Telugu films before debuting in Bollywood with Ajay Devgn-starrer “Vijaypath”.
The two actors have teamed up again after a long time in “Drishyam” and Tabu is happy with the way Devgn’s career has shaped up in the industry.
“Ajay has carved his own niche in the industry. He is extremely versatile and I feel proud when I see his success and growth. But success has not changed Ajay as a person. He is still the same like he was 20 years ago. It’s his speciality,” said Tabu, who last worked with Devgn in 1999 movie “Thakshak”.
- Tabu on doing Golmaal Again after a series of serious films: It was a relaxing experience, professionally and personally
- Golmaal Again posters: Ajay Devgn and team are ready with a laughter riot
- Tabu denies playing Sushma Swaraj in Uzma Ahmed's biopic
- Tabu shares a picture from the sets of Ajay Devgn starrer-Golmaal Again, but where is Parineeti Chopra?
- Tabu is single and Ajay Devgn is responsible for it, she hopes he repents and regrets this
- I would love to be in 'Golmaal 4': Tabu
In “Drishyam”, which is a remake of the Malayalam movie of the same name, the National-award winning actress is playing a cop, who is against Devgn in the film.
“I never thought that I will play such a role where we will be pitted against each other. That shows how cinema has changed over the period of time and you get to understand your own journey.
“It’s a very important film for me. My character comesinto play near the interval. I have three important scenes with Ajay in the film,” she said.
This is Tabu’s second project in two years and Tabu said she opted for the film because she found her role different.
“This role was very different from ‘Haider’ or the roles that I have played in the recent past. Every character in the film is very strong and helps the story to move further. I was excited to do the role and I thought it will be a completely different experience for me,” she said.
Directed by Nishikant Kamat of “Force” fame, “Drishyam” is releasing this Friday.
Tabu, who watched the original version of the film two years ago during its premiere, said Nishikant knows his work well and makes the whole shooting process relaxed.
“It was excellent. It was one of the most relaxed shoots. There are very few people in the industry who work without making things complex and Nishikant is one of them. That’s how your work becomes easy. He is very clear-headed in his approach,” she said.
Besides “Drishyam”, Tabu will be next seen in “Fitoor”. She has replaced Rekha in the Abhishek Kapoor-directed film, which also stars Katrina Kaif and Aditya Roy Kapur.
“Please don’t say like this that I have replaced Rekha ji. I have immense respect for her… It’s a beautiful film and will release next February.”