Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh, who has turned producer, says he would not helm any adult-comedy as such a film does not fit into the image of his company.
Neil will produce films in partnership with Madan Paliwal, chariman of Mirag Group. The actor has zeroed down on four scripts and hopes to start at least two by the end of the year.
“I have turned producer. I have tied up with a company called Mirag. We are open to anything except adult-comedies because that’s how we are branding the image of Mirag.
- From Aamir Khan to Varun Dhawan, here is how celebrities are celebrating Navratri. See photos, videos
- PM Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Amit Shah at BJP's National Executive meeting
- Shah Rukh Khan: It is extremely satisfying to have an award for women
- Arsenal will not sacrifice any competition this season, says Arsene Wenger
- Eman Ahmed, known as world's heaviest woman, dies in UAE
- WHO warns of cholera threat in Bangladesh Rohingya camps
“We have finalised four scripts, hopefully, by the end of the year we will be putting at least two on the floors. There is also one, which I have written. It is a dark-thriller. That will happen later though,” Neil told PTI.
The 33-year-old “Johnny Gaddar” actor, however, does not want to star in any of his productions as of now.
“As a producer, I don’t need to act. First, I want to be recognised as a producer. Each aspect fo filmmaking demands its own protocol. I would like to maintain that. We want to tie up with really fine directors. That’s the only high, being associated with creative people,” he said.
Neil shared he is looking at “the starcast for one of the films and working on the dates.”