When there’s a sequel to a hit film, comparisons with its original version are bound to happen. The year 2016, has so far been a year of throwbacks with several sequels happening like Rock On 2, Force 2 and Kahaani 2. And adding to the list is Tum Bin 2, which is a sequel to 2001 musical hit Tum Bin. The buzz around the film is low but what is keeping us hooked is its music, especially the song that recreates the magic of late legendary singer Jagjit Singh. ‘Teri Fariyaad’, sung by Rekha Bharadwaj reprises Jagjit Singh’s voice which has made the comparisons between the two films very strong and evident.
However, actor Aashim Gulati – who is making his debut with Tum Bin 2, while speaking to indianexpress.com said the intention was never to make a comparison or compete with the last one. “There was nervousness of being a part of such a film which is a cult. However, never thought to compete with the last one. Tum Bin 2 story is different but it is keeping the emotion intact. My father is a huge fan of Jagjit Singh. I won’t say I have grown up to his voice but I realised that how big a star he was. When I heard ‘Teri Fariyaad’, I was stunned. The song is an attempt to keep his essence alive. I hope Jagjit Singh must be blessing us.”
Aashim further said that though he is debuting with Tum Bin 2 but his journey to the 70mm screen wasn’t as easy as anyone would think. Being a newbie to the industry, Aashim feels that still there’s a long time for Bollywood to become flexible towards the newer lot of actors who do not have any industry background.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I don’t think it’s easy to get into the industry. But yes, I must say that directors and producers have become a little receptive towards newcomer which is a great thing but yes one has to be prepared for a long journey and a lot of hard work,” the actor said.
Talking about his role in Tum Bin 2, Aashim said that he plays the character of Amar who is a passionate lover, a fiancée, somebody who loves life and is a one woman man. However, the story begins when an event turns his life upside down.
Aashim feels he cannot thank his stars enough for giving him such a big break with such an amazing starcast. During our conversation, he was all praises for Kawaljeet Singh, with whom he said he has learned a lot of things about acting and the field during the shoot. Tum Bin 2 releases on November 18, along with Force 2.